Med Trans 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndersonMBK

MedTrans is interesting to monitor. I never knew medical helocopters were dispatched as much as what they are until I got into scanning. They were called out to South Greenville for a gunshot wound victim only about an hour ago.

If I hear them called anywhere in the Anderson area I grab my camera. They usually fly right over. Here's a picture I took a week or two ago.

Attachments

• MedTrans.JPG
    MedTrans.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 339

AndersonMBK

I haven't heard of them. (or seen them) I wonder how old the website is. With MedTrans being at Donaldson, I'm not sure if Anderson could support it. If they are stationed at Anderson Airport, they must keep them closed up in a hanger, because I havn't noticed them. Last Saturday I DID see a Coast Guard helo make an appearance..

Attachments

• coastguard.jpg
    coastguard.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 358

AndersonMBK

Whois says that the skycare1.com website is registered to Medshore here in Anderson. So if it is still in use, I would imagine they would use one of Medshores frequencys. It also says that the website was created in 2003.

SCPD

QRT
Skycare is no longer in service, they closed up shop about a year ago. Also, When they were in service the chopper was only staffed during the day, at night MedTrans would be called in.

And those of you who would like better pictures of MedTrans can go by their base at the Donaldson Center, the crews are very nice and sometimes pace out free t-shirts....

Status
Not open for further replies.