Emergency Response Drill at Hard Rock Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

52to12

On Weds. 2/6 Horry Co. will conduct an emergency response drill at the new Hard Rock amusement park in Myrtle Beach. The senario,as published in an article in the Myrtle Beach Sun News is a terrorist tries to force a plane down over Hard Rock Park by firing a missile from the ground as it approaches Myrtle Beach Int'l. Airport. Bits of the plane rain down on Hard Rock Park,but the plane makes it to the airport and crash lands.
The terrorists made a backup plan,planting explosives in the park-including one with chemicals that go off after the plane crashes.
Hard Rock Park is a new amusement park located on rte 501 at the site of the old Waccama Pottery outlet , scheduled to open in April 08. The park is probably a 1/2 mile from the airport.

drew6553

i don't know what's worse the 50 bucks they're wanting for the tickets to the park or the 25 they want for a burger at the resturaunts ;) but i'm glad hard rock is helping the public responders in the area

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
(Palmetto800) 11632 acting as CONTROL..........wow man lot of people envolved in this drill. I'm listening here in Ocean Isle.........pretty interesting to see who responds on what......been hearing ALL Region 6 (grand strand) hospitals coordinating together and Lifecare also..

QUESTION - how does Horry County TRS connect with the Palmetto system ?

and speaking of Horry TRS found 1904 TGID being used as a talkaround during the drill.....not listed that I know of , couldn't tell who it was !!

Last edited:

rescuecomm

I have a list somewhere showing all the SCHEART repeaters both proposed and operational in the state. I'll look and see if they have a new one on in the Conway area.
Seems like there is one on the ETV tower at Whitehall, SC on 146.715?

Bob

rlambertnj

Hard Rock and MB

I participated in the drill as a Ham Operator in th Horry Co EOC

It is probably not my place to say what worked and what didn't in this forum, however I can tell you that the Director of SC Hearts was there and the system was activated for testing.

The best place to listen was the Horry Counrty Public Safety trunk system.

They also tested a device simular to the one they inject in pets to track them as a way to help id bodies in a major disaster.

Here is a link to a local newspaper story.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/story/341691.html

It was quite fasinating and if you ever get a chance to participtae in an exercise like this, please take advantage of it.

Ralph Lambert
KI4NJZ

rescuecomm

Good deal KI4NJZ, I was interested to see how the linked system worked out during the test. As long as the Palmetto 800 is up, it will be the main communications network.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.