Yankton RACOM System

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0LOE

I am trying to get my Pro-197 to track the Yankton RACOM EDACS site. I have scanned it in the past, but can't get it to work since they re-banded. The site has four frequencies (856.1625, 857.1625, 858.1625, 859.1625) I am using Win500 to program the scanner. I have the system set at EDACS standard, and I put the freqs in in order starting with 857.1625. 856.1625 is the control channel, and when I analyze the channel it comes up as C01 S:03 Hsa. I am assuming that C01 means channel 1. Any ideas what I am missing?

Also, after manually scanning the freqs. I found that Yankton PD's talk around channel is analog, but the dispatch channel is still provoice. They have some interesting conversations.

KC0LOE

I figured it out. The only traffic on the Yankton Racom tower is from the PD. The PD's provoice channel is not encrypted, and can be listened to using DSD+ with a doggle, or one of the new scanners with the provoice update. For the analog car to car traffic they are using I-call. If you are using Win500, you must put in a wildcard talk group with the group type set as private.

Status
Not open for further replies.