unlisted scanner freqs in Winner area

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0CCB

i'm planning to take a short road trip this summer with a few friends of mine to Winner for a day and I was just wondering if the Police in Winner has gone to P-25 or not..? i had heard that they might be using encryption as well. is there anything around there for searching in the federal bands at all..? i doubt i can even hear the Reliance repeater for the state link down there at all either..

PS : any type of info that you know from that area is worth while for me to know and to get it all into my BCD396 before that time..

How active is the local trunk site at Winner does anybody know..? i'm assuming its not as active as Site-4

mark432k

KC0LRU
Traveling anywhere in the state it would be a good idea to monitor the state system. As far as which tower is the most active, it depends. All depends on what is going on that particular day.

I have no idea if Winner uses the state system, but I only see 4 analog frequencies in the database for the whole county, so just plug those in while monitoring the state system and you should be good to go.

While possible, I doubt Winner is encrypted. I don't see them making the investment to do it. If you hear they went encrypted, a good chance they are just using the state system which many people mistake as encrypted.

KC0LOE

Winner and trip county are on the state system. Talk groups are in the data base. The state patrol uses the Chamberlain talk group in the winner area. There is a Winner talk group, but it is hardly used.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.