Tower Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejtwite06

Can anyone tell me if I had all the towers in SD programmed into my 996T if that would help me or hurt me for picking up traffic on the scanner?

starwtc

If you are going to be all over SD then you will need all the towers, if just in a certian area just put in the ones close to you. We camp a lot up there but we only have the towers that we will be travelig through. If there is no signal from the tower the scan blips past that tower anyhow, so if you want them all no problem, just a little extra time programing, if you don't want to scan the towers just lock them out, very easy with the 996.
Ted

ejtwite06

Do you have any trouble picking up anything up here? The ambulance service I work for uses digital and sometimes I can't get evrything they say to come thru. Any suggestions?

starwtc

I guess if you "hold" on their transmission you should get them fine if not to far away from the tower, I get warlbing when signal is less than 2 bars, not knowing where you are at I can't help you much but someone in your area could. We have no digital services in our area yet so the only chance we can listen is on our trips to SD and Colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.