Par Electronics VHFSYM152HT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I found an old thread on this, but short of dredging up one that is 7 years old, I thought I'd post a new one regarding the merits of this exceptional filter from Par Electronics. This is my eHam review on it.

About five minutes into VHFSYM152HT post-install monitoring, I knew the money I sent Dale was well spent. My filter is placed on the input side of a Stridsberg MCA204M multicoupler sharing a Comet GP-15 antenna that is exclusively used for receive only in the VHF and UHF public safety ranges. Suffice to say this filter is kicking the offending paging system's butt! I was getting killed by a strong paging system on 152.600 which was mixing with a local NOAA weather broadcast at 162.550 and dumping out in the 163-174 MHz range on my Uniden BCD996XT. I enjoy unattended searching, logging, and audio recording using ProScan software in that band for signals and prior to this filter it was nearly impossible to do so. Problem solved! Also, looking at the signal via my Airspy SDR it is clearly significantly attenuated, no more images and aliases from it showing up on screen. Without the filter the signal peaked right at around 0 db, with the filter inline it was knocked down to the area of -40 db as advertised, and any aliases or images from it that appeared all over the FFT were gone.

I'm not sure what delayed me in buying one of these gems, but I am certainly glad I did. As mentioned elsewhere in reviews, communication with Dale is a pleasure; questions are promptly answered in a knowledgeable and friendly manner. I have bought other items from Dale in the past and this customer friendly approach is always consistent.

I'm an extremely pleased end user of the product and I would not hesitate to recommend this filter to anyone having a similar problem. Talk about $$ well spent! :D

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have a VHFDN152, a VHFSYM(CH9TV)HT and a VHFSYM5(CH10TV)HT, all of which are of superb quality and do an outstanding job. I am always amazed at the 3-stage TV filter. Well worth the money. Dale is an exceptional person. He is very thorough with the questions, and thus the filter you receive is exactly what you asked for. Great guy, great product.

Mike

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Scott, Mike, I know this is an old thread but I want to thank you both for speaking so well about these filters.
I just ordered the Civil Air ( VHFBP 117-136 ) and the Milair ( UHFBP 225-400) filters to stabilize those bands which I have scanners dedicated to. Dale was excellent on the phone. No pressure, but they work primarily for large defense companies and THEIR orders get filled first. It just so happens they are just finishing an order and my filters will be sent by tomorrow before they go on to the next defense order. I will be adding them to my Stridsberg 4 port multicoupler with the proper adapters.

Manny

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Par Filters

I agree Dale is great and I have two of his filters on my system. FM Notch and VHF SYM 162. Money well spent these filters work great!! I might have given up on scanning if not for these filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.