MCA204M Multicoupler Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonian149

I have owned a MCA204M Multicoupler that I purchased from Stridsberg for over 10 years. I recently thought that it had a problem so I sent it to Stridsberg along with a check for $45 to repair it. It turns out that there was nothing wrong with it, but they did say that they installed a "3 dB pad on the input to balance the gain distribution better". They emailed me today with that information and also informed me they would be returning my $45 check and shipping it back at there expense. Some people have said that their products are over priced, but I really like my Multicoupler and with customer service like that I just wanted to give them a public thank you.--Gary

VancouverScan

Stridesberg Multicouplers

I too have to say their customer service is 2nd to NONE! I sent them my MCA204M that I purchased in the 90's, I sent it to them a week ago because they always perfect their product and wanted to have it checked out since it has been used for almost 20 years. They sent me my coupler back completely updated and even paid for the return shipping, fast. Needless to say, I purchased another, their MCA208M. They informed me that if I wanted to turn my 8 into an 11 way splitter just add the MCA204M to one of the outputs of the 8 without any issues or overload, they also went as far as saying that you could put one on each of the outputs if you want to, just don't put another one onto the 2nd one. They indicated that the signal would not be hindered in any way with all the multiple splits. You can now enjoy many scanners, receivers etc with one antenna.
I own only 1 antenna, one that I believe is the most awesome preforming antenna, the Austin Ferret, it is expensive but works so so well, has outdone discones and many others. You can buy this antenna and get free shipping if you go to HRO as this is 8' tall and would be expensive to have shipped. Make sure you use the best coax with N connectors to bring the signal into the multicoupler, I use rg-8x for the short runs to each scanner from the output. Been using this method since the 90's and nothing to date works better.
My 2 cents.

nycrich

I also wanted to update this thread. I had a Stridesburg MCA 208M 8 port and it went dead after +12 years of use. Sent it in with the flat $45 fee. Excellent customer service and fast turn around time 1-2 day. Item was sent back priority shipping and included in the flat fee price. They also upgraded my unit internally and bought it to a higher revision. I highly recommend buying from Stridesburg. Their products are the best, and out of warranty their repair is fast and reasonable.

Ubbe

I believe their multicoupler have a 3dB gain so adding that 3dB pad lowered it to 0dB as it could be the threshold where your receiver was overloaded and you thought it was the multicoupler that was at fault, as I presume you did test to connect the coax from the antenna directly to your receiver. But maybe it is the multicouplers fault if you have a very strong signal feeding it and you might need to filter out some frequency.

As it isn't much gain in them you can connect them in series as many times as you like to create more outputs.

I must say that Stridsbergs customer support are fantastic. I asked for the cost of a new amplifier transistor and its oversea shipping but it was sent to me free of charge. They can afford that kind of $10 service as their products are way overpriced.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.