MCA204M multicoupler

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
multicoupler has worked GREAT for the last two years. for past two weeks 4 scanners became very quiet. I put portable antenna on all 4 scanners and they began talking again. Suspecting the antenna , I bypassed multicoupler and went from antenna direct to one of the scanners. a lot of traffic with direct connect to the scanner. Paid $200.00 for the multicoupler. Is there any sure way to check the multicoupler. If it is bad, is there somewhere it can be sent for repair. thank you for your time

prcguy

You already figured it out. Antenna to multicoupler to four scanners - quiet, no signals. Antenna direct to scanner, no multicoupler - lots of traffic.

The only differences are the multicoupler and an extra cable per scanner are in line meaning one of them is bad and you probably don't have four separate cables that failed at the same time so that leaves the multicoupler. There is also the power supply that powers the multicoupler and I would check that right away. If its bad, replace it. If its good then the amplifier in your multicoupler took a dump and it would usually be returned to the factory for repair.

multicoupler has worked GREAT for the last two years. for past two weeks 4 scanners became very quiet. I put portable antenna on all 4 scanners and they began talking again. Suspecting the antenna , I bypassed multicoupler and went from antenna direct to one of the scanners. a lot of traffic with direct connect to the scanner. Paid $200.00 for the multicoupler. Is there any sure way to check the multicoupler. If it is bad, is there somewhere it can be sent for repair. thank you for your time

N9JIG

Sheriff
Stridberg stands behind their products. If the power supply is good like PCRGUY advised then send it to Strids for repairs. If it is within warranty he will repair it and send it back, out of warranty there may be a charge.

Typically what happens is that the protection diode pops due to static, two-way transmissions in the area or perhaps a nearby lightening strike. Once replaced it would work as new again.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
THANK YOU ! for the response. if only the problem was constant then it would be real easy to figure out what was going on. I will make the contact and send it back. going from 4 scanners to 1 is real frusatrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.