Anyone know of a Pepsi 400 Live Scanner Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyobc

Looking for a live scanner feed from the Daytona area! Would be nice if I could hear race comms but if not would be interesting if I could hear area PD/FD comms. Anyone know where I can find a live feed for the area?

KW4EZR

If you go to nascar.com and click on Coming Up: Pepsi 400. It looks like you can get raceday scanner and pitcommand free this weekend. I have never used these, but it looks like it does let you pick the race audio of some of the drivers on the raceday scanner link. Looks like it starts a 8PM. Might be worth a click. :D

safetyobc

Just got my account (free) set up, kinda complicated to find trackpass (too much info on home page) then settin up is not too bad. Anyway, waiting on the rain to stop! Let's go racin' boys, Boogity, Boogity, Boogity..... I like fox's coverage better but having NBC helps not have to look at the same guys all year long!

Have the java window loaded, waiting on the race. This is going to be cool, I never used trackpass before! Never been to a race where I could scan the drivers! May have to fork over the $$$ for the subscription if I like it. I tried it when they first came out with trackpass but I had dial up and it was no fun. Couldn't hear a complete coversation. This should be interesting.

safetyobc

I think it is great how the voice says "EIGHT" and you hear Dale Jr's radio or "TWENTY FOUR" and then Gordon's radio.

Wouldn't it be cool if all online scanner feeds could use this, "SOMEWHERE FIRE" or "SOMEWHERE POLICE" and then the audio. Pretty cool!

KW4EZR

safetyobc said:
Wouldn't it be cool if all online scanner feeds could use this, "SOMEWHERE FIRE" or "SOMEWHERE POLICE" and then the audio. Pretty cool!

It would be cool and would make things very easy to identify. However, I would suspect that "Somewhere unit XX" already knows that he is talking to "somewhere dispatch" SO I guess the "often looked down upon" scanner listener would be the only one who would gain anything. But your right, it would be cool.

EDIT::: Sorry I overlooked online feed, I was thinking over the air.

Darren

KW4EZR

jred184 said:
You should try XM radio. They have 2 nascar channels. One for in car audio(your radio's screen displays the driver name) and the other is the sportscasters.

JRed

I have XM and often listen to Nascar 2, however, I have a GM OEM radio and it does not display the driver number.

We may be in the wrong forum for this.

Darren

n4voxgill

Silent Key
This free pit command tonight is great. You can pick out individual drivers to listen to or you can scan them all. The mouse will indicate who the driver is on cars spread out around the track. Better than being there and with the tv and computer combined, it is great

safetyobc

It is great but I have 2 gripes:

1. It keeps kicking me off of the audio.

2. The delay is killing me! They have a wreck on TV and 10 seconds later you hear the radio traffic. But at least I am hearing it!

KW4EZR

n4voxgill said:
This free pit command tonight is great. You can pick out individual drivers to listen to or you can scan them all. The mouse will indicate who the driver is on cars spread out around the track. Better than being there and with the tv and computer combined, it is great

I agree, I never thought it would be worth the money, but now I am not so sure.

Darren

KW4EZR

safetyobc said:
2. The delay is killing me! They have a wreck on TV and 10 seconds later you hear the radio traffic. But at least I am hearing it!

I have noticed that also. The Lap number on the TV is always one ahead of the one on pitcommand.

Darren

jred184

kg4omx said:
jred184 said:
You should try XM radio. They have 2 nascar channels. One for in car audio(your radio's screen displays the driver name) and the other is the sportscasters.

JRed

I have XM and often listen to Nascar 2, however, I have a GM OEM radio and it does not display the driver number.

We may be in the wrong forum for this.

Darren

XM does have a listen online deal, which is already included with your subscription that should list the driver info (i think).

A live scanner feed would still be cool, though!

PM me for more info. I don't want to get off the topic too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.