454.000 appears to be the east coast 1-way dirty racing freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
For those of you that follow dirt track stock car racing and bring a scanner to the race track with you make sure you have 454.000 in one of your channels. I used to live in Upstate New York and went to many of tracks that used this freq. as there one-way freq. Now that I live in South Florida I find that it is used for the same reason. I'm not sure if its the case in the central or western part of the country but I'm guessing it is. If anyone else can shed some light that would be greatly appreciated.

jocli156

I haven't been to a ton of tracks with my scanner (yet...haven't had the free weekends unfortunately) but it has been the case for most of the tracks I've been to including: Port Royal, Williams Grove, and New Egypt. Bridgeport is the odd ball and uses that freq for their PA system. The one-way they use is 462.125. And unfortunately I was getting interference from another user on that freq but couldn't do anything about it b/c my scanner (pro-137) doesn't have that capability.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
I haven't been to a ton of tracks with my scanner (yet...haven't had the free weekends unfortunately) but it has been the case for most of the tracks I've been to including: Port Royal, Williams Grove, and New Egypt. Bridgeport is the odd ball and uses that freq for their PA system. The one-way they use is 462.125. And unfortunately I was getting interference from another user on that freq but couldn't do anything about it b/c my scanner (pro-137) doesn't have that capability.

Jocli156,
Yeah I try to get to as many as I can but the track I go to runs every other weekend and I work the opposite weekends. Up in NY I found most tracks used 151.625 & 151.955 with the 454.000 frequency. Down here in florida uhf seems to be the preferred method.

cubn

Database Admin
454.000 is the frequency that the World of Outlaws Late Models and Lucas Oil Late Models use for the series officials to talk to the drivers on the track. I haven't heard any local tracks in the midwest using that frequency when it's just a regular show.

KB8QDM

Premium Subscriber
Most of the tracks (asphalt) in central lower Michigan use that frequency as well. The receiver units are only capable of 4-5 frequencies, so the tracks (four of them) got together and standardized on one specific frequency so the drivers wouldn't have to change them all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.