nascar freg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
NASCANNER: 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Auto Racing Frequencies, Schedule, and Driver Guide

That took about 2 minutes with " google ".

A good friend whom I used to ride work EMS with said the freqs are listed at the track.

If anything , as you can see - take a handscanner with you that either has - " Close Call " or similar freq counter ; or search the business freqs after adjusting the squelch on the radio accordingly.

Hope this helps.

FF - Medic !!!1

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Those freqs look pretty out of date in places (for example they show Elliott Sadler in the #19 cup car.... He's not running cup this year). I'm sure lots of updates will appear during Speedweeks.

Take a look over at Jayski's page too.... He has a scanner section.

maddogdecker

Premium Subscriber
Racing Freq

I'm more then willing to send anyone the lastest list from Racing Electronics. All I need is an email, can't post them on reference. Here are some of list i have access to Sprint Cup, Nationwide, Camping World Truck, IRL, NHRA, ARCA and more.

acepilot340

Those freqs look pretty out of date in places (for example they show Elliott Sadler in the #19 cup car.... He's not running cup this year). I'm sure lots of updates will appear during Speedweeks.

Take a look over at Jayski's page too.... He has a scanner section.

The frequencies listed at NASCANNER are current. NA$CAR issues a frequency to a car number, not a driver. The drivers for some teams change every week, but the frequency will stay the same.

Austin4Wyo

The Jayski site usually has an updated list as well. Can't recall the URL, and be prepared to see a page that looks like it was designed by a 7th grader, but the information, for all intents and purposes, is perfectly useful.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Are NASCAR driver freqs still analog, particularly for Nationwide races? I heard that NASCAR officials are TRBO but I want to make sure drivers are still using analog before I splurge on a handheld for my first NASCAR race this summer.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
All teams are analog (as well as race control). As mentioned by Nascar many times they have no plans of changing this anytime soon.

rob357

Actually NASCAR does have and does use Digital modes at most of the larger tracks, We have been using Digital for a few years now. I know this for a fact, I am affiliated with NASCAR.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Use PL/DCS tones where possible (usually LOTS of users in a little bit of UHF spectrum at the track) and have a good set of earmuff headphones!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Actually NASCAR does have and does use Digital modes at most of the larger tracks, We have been using Digital for a few years now. I know this for a fact, I am affiliated with NASCAR.

Yes.... it has been discussed at great length about the officials and secondary team comms being TRBO digital. BUT... primary driver/spotter comms and race control are analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.