NASCAR 2013 Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
The NASCAR Wiki is very outdated. Has anybody listened to any of the 2013 races and are the frequencies still the same? Also wondering if NASCAR was included in the "narrow banding" rules and if so what did it sound like on a regular scanner?

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I looked at that web site (Jayski's) last year... in fact it hasn't been updated since November of 2012. Some of the frequencies were wrong or not in use. I purchased a frequency list from a vendor and found most all the drivers have a secondary (backup) channel that they use. I had to reprogram my scanner at the track. I've found it's hard to hear the low volume scanners at the track even with a nice racing headset. This year I purchased a 16 channel Motorola GP300 for the race. It has plenty of volume but I'll have to program it before I go to the track with the drivers I want to hear. Hoping somebody has been to a 2013 race and can varify some of the frequencies.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Having just returned from the Texas race, I can tell you the Sprint Cup frequencies from online resources is fairly accurate. However the Nationwide freqs are all over the place. Best bet these days is to buy a list at the track.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
That helps Harold... thanks. I'm interested in the Sprint Cup cars and I'll be going to both races here in Charlotte this year.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I'll have to get it right the first time because I can't take my laptop with Motorola software, programming box and cables to the track.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
I've found it's hard to hear the low volume scanners at the track even with a nice racing headset.

Try an audio booster like this one from Racing Electronics. I bought one from them at the IndyCar race at Barber Motorsports Park last weekend and got a free splitter and battery with it. With the Koss QZ-99 headphones my son and I used, that audio booster boosted the volume on my PSR-500 so well that I only had to turn up the volume just a little more than no volume at all. Anything more than that was WAY too loud.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
RadioShack Mini Audio Amplifier : Audio Amplifiers | RadioShack.com

$15 doesnt come with a cable, but I found at Menards near me they sell cables for $2-$3 is all.
I also use 9 volt batteries from when my smoke detectors when I replace those batteries.

Included is my nascar 2013 freescan setup. These are updated for this year from another thread of a month or so ago that had a link to a web site. What I noticed was with nascar eliminating driver - driver team comms, I saw they all at most have just two channels instead 3 and 4 before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.