2015 NASCAR Frequencies - Please post all verified frequencies here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
2015 NASCAR Frequencies

Rather than letting the 2014 thread become an unwieldy mess like most of the stickied threads on this site, I'm creating a new 2015 thread.

I'll move the 2015 posts from the 2014 thread and then unsticky the old thread.

pinkfish457

I've taken my scanner to Talladega many times. Hint: Don't load up too many drivers frequencies. Pick the one/s you like to listen to and stick with that. There is too much crowd and engine noise and some time the channel freezes and never changes. You can't tell cause you're watching the race.

Also if you give your kids one of the earphones, be careful the drivers language is very colorful!

CWO4

Premium Subscriber
I was at RIR this weekend ... that web site (Ronaldski) is very marginally accurate. About 8 drivers were mixed-up on that list and several drivers I never heard at all (many of them top "Chase" caliber drivers). I'd burn that list - and unfortunately, that same list has been copied on multiple web sites.

In retrospect I should have renewed my $25 annual Frequency Fan Club.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
That reminds me…need to commandeer some space on a buddies RV at some point to scan the DMR stuff and get it figured out.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
That reminds me…need to commandeer some space on a buddies RV at some point to scan the DMR stuff and get it figured out.

I'd love to get a raw audio sample of some of the Nascar stuff from anyone within range of a track. No doubt it'll be encrypted but I'd be curious to see if it's trunked/conventional etc.

I might try to get to MIS in June (it's about 3'ish hours from me) but I'm not sure if I'll be able to or not... Going to Bristol in August though!

pinkfish457

I don't know of any NASCAR frequencies that are encrypted or trunked. You can rent radios at the track loaded with your favorite driver in you don't want to carry one in. It's a big business, most everyone has those yellow noise cancelling earphones. I bring a conventional scanner with several drivers plugged in, and have no problems listening.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I don't know of any NASCAR frequencies that are encrypted or trunked. You can rent radios at the track loaded with your favorite driver in you don't want to carry one in. It's a big business, most everyone has those yellow noise cancelling earphones. I bring a conventional scanner with several drivers plugged in, and have no problems listening.

I was referring to the officals, not the driver - crew comms (yes, they are all analog as mandated by Nascar).

BaofengScanner

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

What kind of radios do they rent? Those business types with the programmed channels set to listen only?

pinkfish457

Before you go to the track, google "Race Scanners". You will find different companies renting them. They are receive only. The radios come preloaded with the track officials, TV/RADIO, and all of the drivers. You select the one/s you want to listen to. If you decide to rent, make sure you reserve one before you go. You can sometimes get a "deal" by reserving. The scanner rental trucks are at every track. They also have the latest frequency list, but charge you for it.

If you bring your own, you can find freqs on most NASCAR and driver websites. Note, you can use a "stubby" antenna, it's easier to carry. If you give your children a headphone, the language can be very colorful.

BaofengScanner

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Before you go to the track, google "Race Scanners". You will find different companies renting them. They are receive only. The radios come preloaded with the track officials, TV/RADIO, and all of the drivers. You select the one/s you want to listen to. If you decide to rent, make sure you reserve one before you go. You can sometimes get a "deal" by reserving. The scanner rental trucks are at every track. They also have the latest frequency list, but charge you for it.

If you bring your own, you can find freqs on most NASCAR and driver websites. Note, you can use a "stubby" antenna, it's easier to carry. If you give your children a headphone, the language can be very colorful.

Awesome thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.