NASCAR Fan View TV receiver-what frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris-M

I see that NASCAR has a new device called Fan View. It's basically a receiver that allows the user to view various in-car cameras and other local broadcasts. They are available for rent at the NASCAR events. I'm curious if anyone here knows what frequencies and mode (FM narrow, wide, if encrypted or not)..that this device will receive. I did a search via Google, and here on RR, with no results.

I've been to races in the past, and brought my ICOM IC-R3, along with a receiver to listen to the drivers and other comms at the races. I'm hoping that this new device will use frequencies that my R3 can receive.

Last edited:

Al42

Chris-M said:
I'm curious if anyone here knows what frequencies and mode (FM narrow, wide, if encrypted or not).
TV video is AM, TV audio is FM, somewhere between WFM and FM in bandwidth. If you can receive normal broadcast video you should be able to receive their video unless they're using some method to ikeep you from receiving it.

Chris-M

I didn't expect the device to use conventional TV freq's. I figured they'd use 900MHz, 1.2, 2.4 GHz etc. for the video. Most likely there will be a main transmitter and the handheld units will be tuned to pre-set frequencies. I'm hoping they'll use analog signals which can be received with an R3 or similar. I wouldn't be suprised if they are digital. If that's the case, so much for 'monitoring/scanning' for it at the races.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I would imagine most wireless cam's at NASCAR are using digital technology...

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Ever seen it when a car goes under an walkway during the race? Picture pixalates so it's a good chance that it's digital.

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
Fcc Id #?

Chris-M said:
I see that NASCAR has a new device called Fan View.
Has anybody that's used it gotten the FCC ID # off the thing? There was a guy rented one in Fontana last weekend, all he could find was an imprint on the back saying "Complies with Part 15 of FCC Rules."

Last edited:

toydriver_det

Premium Subscriber
b7spectra said:
Ever seen it when a car goes under an walkway during the race? Picture pixalates so it's a good chance that it's digital.
All in-car and other wireless cameras ARE digital and can NOT be picked or decoded by consumer avaiable receivers, scanners, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.