Sebring International Raceway DMR System

Status
Not open for further replies.

srich10

Premium Subscriber
Last weekend when attending the 12 Hours of Sebring race, I came to find out the SCCA corner workers who for years had been UHF analog, switched to an unknown DMR system. Putting aside the unfriendly requests to get the information to listen into them while I was watching the race, I wanted to put this out there to get people in the area to start investigating with Genfit/DSD+ the talkgroups, slots and color codes they use for us fans returning to the track in the future. I had my 6550 and Genfit on hand but have notoriously had problems trying to get it to work decoding DMR systems.

I know during the race, Race Control had a FM patch on 461.200 mHz so that the teams with their analog radios could scan and hear any yellow flags that race control threw. I checked the FCC database and found no 2-slot TDMA DMR emissions designators were present on Sebring International Raceway's ULS license even though I verified multiple frequencies in use were DMR.

I also confirmed the company handling the team radios for that weekend, Racing Radios, were not the temporary providers of the DMR radios as they had no idea the track workers had gone DMR until they got on site.

I can confirm that the frequencies in use that had DMR traffic on them were: 464.8875 & 464.6750

Anybody in the area if you could start searching around, let's try and grab the system for users coming to future races to be able to hear the corner workers!

Status
Not open for further replies.