Supercars 2017 Race Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exceler8r

Hi all,

Firstly, I wasn't quite sure what category to place this under so moderators, please move to appropriate section if required.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can locate the team radio frequencies for the Australian Supercars (aka V8 Supercars) for events this year? Once upon a time they use to have it on their website but now it appears not.

I can only seem to find frequencies from 2015 or even earlier doing Google searches :(

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
G'day, last weekend at Winton they started at 500.325 through to about 501.200. I used dsd+ to decode the NXDN. Hope that helps you.

Exceler8r

Thanks SDR,

Not sure what the whole dsd+ and NXDN means but I appreciate your help.

I have a Uniden UBCD436-PT so I should be able to pick these frequencies up yeah?

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
Freqs won't be an issue, the teams are running digital Kenwood radios, so if your UBCD436-PT decodes NXDN you will right to go. Otherwise you will need a decoder setup (DSD+).

racingfan360

Thanks SDR,

Not sure what the whole dsd+ and NXDN means but I appreciate your help.

I have a Uniden UBCD436-PT so I should be able to pick these frequencies up yeah?

You'll need a Whistler TRX, an AOR DV-1 or a tapped scanner/sdr radio with DSD+ to decode NXDN.

racingfan360

Ok, again, too much jargon and mumbo-jumbo there...

Google is likely to be your friend here......

Supercars use a digital radio system called NXDN. It's provided by Kenwood. They make radios. To listen to NXDN, you need a specific type of scanner. Whistler offer two scanners - the TRX1 and TRX 2 that decode NXDN. AOR make the other type of NXDN capable scanner called the DV-1. Based on your response the DSD+:method is likely to be way beyond your technical abilities. In saying that, I wouldnt recommend any of the above scanners for a novice. Your uniden doesn't decode NXDN.

Status
Not open for further replies.