RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Service Specific Monitoring > Sports and Recreational Events

Sports and Recreational Events - For discussion of radio communications used in sports and recreational events. For example, NASCAR, NFL, PGA, Indy, Moto GP, etc. For track or stadium specific comms please use its Regional forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2017, 12:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Rainguard Water Sealers 600 Frequencies

With the Rainguard Water Sealers 600 IndyCar race here in Fort Worth, TX this weekend at TMS, I was wondering if anyone has any frequencies to share. Any clue the range and if there are any sort of repeaters that might allow me to hear them from farther away.

Also, anyone who may be local here have any clue what I may be able to hear on the TMS part of the Fort Worth Regional Radio System from this event?
Comet DS150S 25-1500 MHz Discone + Comet HS-05 M/J-SMA/P 0.5m
Sponsored links
Old 06-09-2017, 3:45 PM
Lead Wiki Manager
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Google IndyCar frequencies. I did this before the Indy 500 and found a list that was dated 2017. I scanned the top 9 qualifiers during the Indy 500 and got hits on almost all frequencies. I was able to monitor from about 5 miles away. The teams sometimes use repeaters, but they all use temporary antennas that aren't very high off the ground, so the range is limited. Since they teams are transient, they typically do not use any local permanent repeaters.

"The whole world's living in a digital dream. It's not really there, it's all on the screen." -- WB6ACU
Old 07-01-2017, 10:24 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Didn't see this until now. But Indycar frequencies can be found by going to Indycar.com . Look for the red bar on upper right of page. Click on Show Race and then More Links. A few days before the race the Spotters Guide will be posted. frequencies are on the Spotters Guide.

Didn't listen to the TMS site much, but about the only thing I heard was FWPD working the Speedway traffic. They were in the clear. You have to be pretty close to the site to hear anything.