LPGA Tour - Golf Tournament Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubn

Database Admin
I’ve seen frequencies posted for the PGA tour, but none for the LPGA tour. Has any body been to an LPGA tour event to confirm what frequencies are used? Do they use the same freqs as the PGA? I’ve searched the internet but haven’t came up with anything for the LPGA. If nothing else, I’ll search and use CloseCall and see if I find anything active if/when I get to go to a tour event in the future.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

Mick

Hello. When I want to check for similar events and radio usage I go to http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/reports7/ and check the State/County of the event's location and look for the newest Bearcom or Cara Enterprises who are some of the companies that license temporary licenses for them. Or go to Licensee / State and scroll down to the latest licenses looking for PGA or Bearcom and Cara Ent. for their newest licenses.
Or check this license, http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1608130, they have freqs. licensed all over the U.S. for the PGA. They may cover the LPGA too, I don't know for certain though.

cubn

Database Admin
LPGA switching to TRBO?

I found an August 2010 license WQMJ457 with the description that it is to provide radio communications to LPGA events nationwide. It lists many temporary repeaters and simplex frequencies. The emission code is for MOTOTRBO.

I will be going to the 2011 State Farm Classic and will post what I observe at the LPGA wiki page listed above.

cubn

Database Admin
I found an August 2010 license WQMJ457 with the description that it is to provide radio communications to LPGA events nationwide. It lists many temporary repeaters and simplex frequencies. The emission code is for MOTOTRBO.

No TRBO radios were seen. But the scoring frequencies for the LPGA have changed and some of the freqs at the link above were found in use. See this link.

Status
Not open for further replies.