pro 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

motolover

I want to stream my pro 96 over the net. i hooked the audio cable up and went in the record program just to see if i can hear the audio. all i get from the pro 96 is a steady stream of hiss. but when i hook another scanner to it , it works fine. anyone know what my prob is ?

hypersight

Try connecting a stereo to mono adaptar to the earphone jack on the scanner. I had to do this because I was getting quite a hum going in to my sound card. I know your're getting more than just a hum, but try it anyway and see if it helps you.

K4OC

Premium Subscriber
I just connected my Pro-96 to my PC via the headphone jack. All I used were MONO plugs and it works fine. I had to go into the pc's setup and play with the input level via the volume control of the scanner and then match it up with the meter that is contained in Windows Media Encoder so as to not have audio that is "overdriven".

I did not have to use a stereo to anything...I used a 1/8" mono plug that has a tip and ring on both ends and it work for me.

Sam Cederas
K4OC
Raleigh, N.C.

For my feed I am just using a standard 1/8 inch stereo cable into the headphone jack of the PRO-96. I had to play with the recording levels on the PC that I am using to stream the feed but over all I am very pleased with the results.

I use both TeamSpeak as well as Icecast/Oddcast to stream this feed. If you want to have a listen to check with your results feel free.

http://65.98.118.2:8000/EdmontonFireRadio.mp3.m3u

Status
Not open for further replies.