Greene County Ar Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

Greene County Arkansas Scanner Feed is online as of NOW..Includes Greene County SO, Paragould PD, All the county Fire Departments including Paragould Fire/Rescue and the Greene County Rescue Squad... Let me know what ya'll think..
enjoy!

kb4ytm

Feed Provider
online scanner

Good job Brian. Sounds good.

We need more online scanners. I noticed yours was the only one in AR on scanamerica.

Richard

nexus

Greene County Arkansas Scanner Feed is online as of NOW..Includes Greene County SO, Paragould PD, All the county Fire Departments including Paragould Fire/Rescue and the Greene County Rescue Squad... Let me know what ya'll think..
enjoy!

Hey do you think your antenna could pick up Newport PD in Jackson County?

I have a ton of family over that way. A cousin is the postmaster, and I have family spread out all across hwy 64 and 67. Every time I go up there I bring a couple of scanners so I can listen to stuff. Thanks for adding the feed in northeast AR.

btritch

I'm not sure about all the way the jackson county, I do know it can get Lawrence, Poinsett, Craighead, Randolph, Clay, Sharp, Statewide Digital, and State Police Troop C Digital..Also Dunklin County Missouri and possibly Mississippi County Arkansas.. I can try for Jackson county and see but it'll be close..I have thought about expanding to these areas above but have not done it yet, You guys let me have some input on whether or not you'd like to hear all or even part of these areas added, If So I'll add them, If not, I'll leave what's there and go on down the road...I'll check jackson county... Let me know ya'll..

btritch

Hardware and Antenna

Well I'm using the software provided by scanamerica.us for the streaming live.. The icecast software that is... I'm using that hooked to my custom built desktop PC with a 3gig hard drive...Hooked to that I'm using my GRE model PSR 500 Digital Trunk Tracking Scanner and From there to my antenna I'm using 75 foot of LMR 400 Coax Cable, From there I'm using a Scantenna ST 2 about 50-55 feet in the air... Last time I checked I could hear anything from Sharp County/Ash Flat area west to Wynne/Cross County area south, Mississippi/Blytheville area to the SE, Dunklin County/Kennett Missouri Area to the East, and to the north to Poplar Bluff/Butler County Missouri Area..
Seems Like I've heard Jackson County/Newport before, I'm not sure about newport but I'm thinking Jackson County SO uses the new digital AWIN statewide system and if they are their tower would be at the state police office in Newport and that's too far for me for 800 mhz without a directional antenna however if they're still analog I'm pretty sure they're too fuzzy to hear, especially during the day, that's right on the fringe area of my coverage I'm thinking.. I have even heard Independence County/Batesville area before..
I had some photos posted of the stuff on here before.. Let me see If I can find them..
EDIT: I found the post, I took the pics down I guess...I'll post one again if you want to see how it's setup.
EDIT 2: OH I FOUND ONE.. It's not a close up but I think it's clear enough, If you need more let me know.. Here's the link to that: http://www.radioreference.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16911&d=1218305317
EDIT 3: The Bottom one is scanner, The top one is an old CB antenna I'm using it in another room for in town only, it works for that well.

btritch

Added More..

Ok Feed now covers the following:

Greene County (includes Greene County SO, Paragould Police, Marmaduke Police, All Fire Departments Including Hospital)

Craighead County (Includes Craighead County SO, Jonesboro Police Dept., Jonesboro Fire Department, County Fire Deparments, and Rural Police Departments, All of these are digital but monitorable)

Poinsett County (includes Poinsett County So, Trumann PD, Harrisburg PD)

Sharp County (Includes Sharp County Sheriff, Ash Flat PD, Hardy PD, Fire Departments To Be Added Soon)

Clay County (Clay County Sheriff Only)

Mississippi County ( Mississippi County Sheriff's Department, Leachville Police Department, Blytheville Police Department, Leachville Fire Department, Blytheville Fire Department)

Lawrence County (Sheriff's Department, Fire Departments, Includes Rural Police Departments and Fire Departments)

Randolph County (Randolph County Sheriff, Pocahontas Police, Pocahontas Fire, Rural Fire Departments, Medic One Ambulance, Medic One Air)

Also Includes Arkansas State Police, Arkansas Highway Police, and Statewide Channels I.E. ADEM, ADEQ, Etc.

More To Be Added Later, This is all at this time, Almost the entire NE Sector of the state.. All Feeds will be added to all counties accordingly, if they are not already they soon will be...If anyone has anymore requests let me know, I'm still working on independence and Jackson Counties so stay tuned...

btritch

Hey Thanks for bringing Arkansas online.....Looking forward to hearing another great southern State..

Thanks!!! I'm not sure where Ottawa Valley is..
The only one that's fuzzy right now is Mississippi County, They're UHF 400 MHZ, Everyone else is not or 800 MHZ Digital, They can all come in fine but that UHF 400 MHZ one... Maybe some nights they'll be clearer but tonight's not one of them, I mean you can still hear them, They're just a little fuzzy, not clear like the rest..
'bout time this state gets involved, lol

Thanks For The comment...

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
The Ottawa Valley is located in Ontario, Canada
Here, have a listen sometime.
http://incidentbroadcast.com:8000/OttawaValley.mp3.m3u
The Ottawa Valley Scanner Stream Covering Renfrew County (OPP/Fire/EMS/Public Utilities/Transportation), City of Pembroke (PD), Lanark County (OPP/EMS), Hastings County (OPP), City of Ottawa (OPP/Fire/EMS) And Parts Of Eastern Ontario

Currently, there's a search going on with OPP (Equiv. to your State Police) in one of our Provincial Parks for a missing person(s)

Thanks!!! I'm not sure where Ottawa Valley is..
The only one that's fuzzy right now is Mississippi County, They're UHF 400 MHZ, Everyone else is not or 800 MHZ Digital, They can all come in fine but that UHF 400 MHZ one... Maybe some nights they'll be clearer but tonight's not one of them, I mean you can still hear them, They're just a little fuzzy, not clear like the rest..
'bout time this state gets involved, lol

Thanks For The comment...

btritch

Currently, there's a search going on with OPP (Equiv. to your State Police) in one of our Provincial Parks for a missing person(s)

How Ironic, They're keeping it quiet right now but there's one here two, County next door, Lawrence, was transporting a prisoner to here, Greene, and between two stop lights he dove out of the van and ran, They're still searching...

Listening to your stream now...Nice stuff, Thanks!

nexus

Which agency is it you're scanning that is P25? I hear them once in a while between all the analog stuff. It would be nice if Gordon could write a monitor program for the GRE just like he did for the uniden program. Then there would be no guessing as to who you're listening to.

btritch

Which agency is it you're scanning that is P25? I hear them once in a while between all the analog stuff. It would be nice if Gordon could write a monitor program for the GRE just like he did for the uniden program. Then there would be no guessing as to who you're listening to.

The P25 system is the statewide system called AWIN (Arkansas Wireless Information Network) it's the statewide digital 800 MHZ system, What you're hearing is either a statewide channel which is either Highway Police, or Department Of Emergency Management or it could also be Jonesboro/Craighead County or Arkansas State Police, All of these are on the same setup..
Hope this helps and makes sense..

Status
Not open for further replies.