ROIP Need assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saber_Radio

I have my own voice over IP server, and I'm working on setting up a radio, I just need some volunteers that are interested in ROIP.

Please send me a PM or an email and I will help you set up the software.

I'm working with an ht1000, a couple scanners and some kenwood portables, I already have it so I can talk on the sever with my ht1000.

Thank you!

Saberradio@gmail.com

Saber_Radio

Sorry, haha,

Well what I have set up is a voice server with the hopes of people joining to help me create a voice server that offers ROIP communications and Live scanner feeds. I currently have no members,, other than myself. I already have my personal system set up, I have a kenwood connected to my laptop which is connected to the server allowing me to talk with my ht-1000 directly on the server with crystal clear quality.

The software and registration is free, I have a sever up and running 24/7, I'm hosting with high speed internet and can support many users at once. I'm working on getting a couple additional computers running so I can have some good interoperability.

The Software I am using is called "GSC" if you do download and install, after you register please send me your login name so I can add you to the voice server, f you wish to stream your scanner I can set up your own room with any accommodations you would like.

This software allows recording and many options, the quality is far better than teamspeak, and any other voice over IP application I used.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask! PM or do what ever you would like to contact me, I'm willing to help you with anything you need, I would love to have many people join this.

Thank you!

Saber_Radio

I would just like to announce, I have my first real member for my voice server, he is broadcasting his scanner for Sanilac County, MI. I hope many more people follow, the sound quality is great, we are going to be testing my radios over the server this weekend. Please come join!
Thank you!!!

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
Radio Over IP

I've been playing with Radio over IP for a few months now. Raytheon makes some excellent products that'll do the trick for you. The concept is simple enough, they just got it all to work in one nice box.

The NXU-2A connects to just about any radio or cell phone, then to the Internet. You connect another NXU-2A or their PCNXU program on a computer on the other end and that's about it.

Raytheon Company: NXU-2A Network Extension Unit

At my job, we've been using some of them to connect our console system to remote radios in lieu of a 56K data circuit and voice router.

The NXU will pass full-duplex audio, PTT, COR, serial data, and even a couple of auxiliary lines for whatever.

If anyone's ever played with an ACU-1000, it's the same kinda thing, just on a small scale and a lot cheaper!

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
AudioMate 360

Yeah, we do the same thing down here with the AudioMate 360 line.

One type is good for hooking to a scanner or any audio source and uses VOX to start streaming packets. The other type is good for 2-way radio applications with consoles and patches to other radios.

These put out RTP (Real-Time Protocol) packets so you would need a server of some type that people could access to make it useful for general listening. That starts to run into some money.

To keep it simple my feeds use Shoutcast which can be monitored by WinAmp, iTunes, and Windows Media Player for starters. Everybody has one of those.

The stuff like the AudioMate 360 and NXU2 are for commercial applications and probably not suited to the needs of hobbyists. It is best to keep it simple and standardized so that people can start listening quickly and easily.

Saber_Radio

Just to let everyone know, I switched over too teamspeak for simplicity due to the fact more people know of, and use teamspeak.

Server IP is 192.168.1.105 or 192.168.1.102

Join to stream your scanner, or to help with the developing roip

k8upe

Teamspeak

Just to let everyone know, I switched over too teamspeak for simplicity due to the fact more people know of, and use teamspeak.

Server IP is 192.168.1.105 or 192.168.1.102

Join to stream your scanner, or to help with the developing roip

Just so you know:
If you want people to connect to you you need to post the right IP address. The ones you provided are your internal IP. If you want to know what your IP address is just click here What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Internet Speed Test, IP Info, plus more. Also if your internet provider hands out an IP or what they call DHCP then I suggest you use No-IP™ Free - Free Dynamic DNS - DDNS. This will save you alot of trouble. Any other questions just let me know.

Saber_Radio

Thanks! I appreciate the info, I am waiting to get everything working until I get some more cash, and another laptop.
But I should be able to get stuff started in the next month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.