ProScan Web Server and ScanCast Annoucement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan two newest features in development:

Web Server
  • Any web browser on any platform can connect directly to ProScan.
  • The web server can serve folders and files just like any HTTP server.
  • User selectable serve folder.
  • "Listen Live' button streams the mp3 audio
ScanCast
  • Emulates Edcast / SimpleCast
  • Capable of streaming to ScanAmerica.us / Icecast / SHOUTcast / Windows Media Server.
Available for open testing 3rd Qtr 09

Suggestions are welcomed.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
When you say any web browser on any platform, do you mean I will be able to use my PDA with Windows Mobile, browse to the IP Address of my Pro-Scan feed, and listen without having to do any extra streaming setup on my server? This is the issue I am trying to solve.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes. No extra setup involved other then a media player installed on the PDA capable of receiving mp3 streams.

When you say any web browser on any platform, do you mean I will be able to use my PDA with Windows Mobile, browse to the IP Address of my Pro-Scan feed, and listen without having to do any extra streaming setup on my server? This is the issue I am trying to solve.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
THANKS...yet another great feature added to an already great product!!

Not that it would be an issue or anything, but will this be an upgrade to the existing ProScan or an additional app?

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Same app. These two new features will be in tabs.

Also Remote Scanner Over IP and Web Server can run simultaneously as long as the port numbers differ.

THANKS...yet another great feature added to an already great product!!

Not that it would be an issue or anything, but will this be an upgrade to the existing ProScan or an additional app?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have setup a ProScan Web Server demo.

ProScan newest features; Web Server and ScanCast are just about out of alpha. Should be ready in about 2 to 3 weeks.

I was asked "What is a ProScan Web Server"? Basically a ProScan Web Server is a lightweight server using standard HTTP request / response like any web server. It can server files, folders, and mp3 streaming audio to web browsers. This is all built in ProScan so no additional setup or software required. ProScan Web Server is super simple to set up.

I have a web server setup at: http://proscan.dyndns.org:443/

I'm not a web page designer so any help in the design will be appreciated and also looking for any web page suggestions.

ScanCast is an EdCast / SimpleCast emulator or "Source Client" for connecting to ScanAmerica.us, IceCast, and ShoutCast servers.

Last edited:

ICP963

Feed Provider
ScanCast is an EdCast / SimpleCast emulator or "Source Client" for connecting to ScanAmerica.us, IceCast, and ShoutCast servers.
Will ScanCast have the ability to serve the scanners Frequency/Alphatag info? I currently use ProScan to supply that info to EdCast for several of my feeds on ScanAmerica and would love to eleminate EdCast from the mix. Doing away with EdCast "Should" I hope solve a long standing issue I have had with EdCast and the inability to pull the tag info from multiple instances of ProScan.

As always, feel free to let me know if you need something tested. I have in the collection BC250D, BC296D, BC780, BC796, BCD396T, BCD996T. As well as the BC245, BC895. The 245 & 895 are currently not supported, but I can always hope you could add them for just the feeding with alphatag info ability. (I would even be willing to loan a 245 or 895 to you for testing if needed).

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes. ProScan will send the metadata to the server. It will be the same data that's in the ProScan caption.
[EDIT] I think I will send just the the caption without ProScan and the scanner type.

On the 245 & 895, thinking about this now, it may be the most practical for ProScan to get the Windows Title / Caption from other running programs
like EdCast does of course without the EdCast bug. This way ScanCast can be used with many scanner types.

Will ScanCast have the ability to serve the scanners Frequency/Alphatag info? I currently use ProScan to supply that info to EdCast for several of my feeds on ScanAmerica and would love to eleminate EdCast from the mix. Doing away with EdCast "Should" I hope solve a long standing issue I have had with EdCast and the inability to pull the tag info from multiple instances of ProScan.

As always, feel free to let me know if you need something tested. I have in the collection BC250D, BC296D, BC780, BC796, BCD396T, BCD996T. As well as the BC245, BC895. The 245 & 895 are currently not supported, but I can always hope you could add them for just the feeding with alphatag info ability. (I would even be willing to loan a 245 or 895 to you for testing if needed).

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Web Server and ScanCast is just about ready for testing. No issues at all. It should be here less then a week.

Any type of scanner or radio or any audio source can be used with ProScan. If you are using WinAmp, you may notice the freqs/tgids and text tags will show in WinAmp. This metadata can be retrived from any running application on your computer.

I just put up a ScanAmerica feed
San Bernardino County, California Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners

I also have these feeds up.

ShoutCast
http://proscan.dyndns.org:446/

IceCast
http://proscan.dyndns.org:444/

ProScan Web Server
http://proscan.dyndns.org:443

All of these are using ProScan as the source client - no EdCast
The Web Server feature is a combination of EdCast and Icecast/ShoutCast.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Web Server and ScanCast is here

ProScan version 2.9.0 with the newest features: Web Server and ScanCast is here and all is welcome to try it out and test it.

It is an upgrade file so ProScan needs to be installed first.

A bug was reported with Web Server if it is password protected, then the live audio doesn't work. I'll work on that today.

http://www.proscan.org/ProScan_2_9_0.zip

ScanCast is an EdCast / SimpleCast replacement.

Last edited:

NYRHKY94

Hi Bob:

I downloaded the 2.0.9 zip file and extracted to my existing Proscan folder as suggested. When I run the .exe, I receive the following error:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.