Android Scanner Stream Listening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear105

For those that have the Android mobile phone platform...and have been waiting for a decent tool to listen to online streaming scanner threads...try droidlive. Its $1.99 right now in the market but...

1.) it has the title/artist fields, so scanners running text tags on Icecast or Shoutcast, will be displayed on your screen.

2.) its integrates with the web browser, so choosing feeds from Shoutcast or RR/Scanamerica.us will send the feed straight to droidlive.

Just an opinion of course...as I was getting frustrated with Nagare and Antplayer and the lack of text tags...

Blueclover

Can't get Howard Co. Feed with XiiaLive (formerly DroidLive)

I bought XiiaLive (formerly DroidLive) and followed the instructions from the Radio Reference Direct Connect Mobile Device Support page, using the url "http://m.radioreference.com/?feedId=1227" to get the Howard Co. MD feed, but I get an error message that says "unsupported format".
Did I do something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

richtidd

Database Admin
Scanner Radio, Wunder Radio for Android

What you want to use is Scanner Radio for Android.
There is a free version & paid version.
Scanner Radio is done by our own Gordon Edwards who also does BB Scanner.

I also use Wunder Radio.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Richard, I don't think Scanner Radio displays tags the way XiiaLive does.

Last edited:

AK9R

Super Moderator
I bought XiiaLive (formerly DroidLive) and followed the instructions from the Radio Reference Direct Connect Mobile Device Support page...
Here's what works for me:

1. Use the Android browser to go to http://m.radioreference.com/?a=la
  2. Find the feed you want.
  3. On the "Feed Details" screen (you're still in the Android browser at this point), click on the link to listen the feed.
  4. The browser will pop up a window asking if you want to use the Music player or XiiaLive. Select XiiaLive.
  5. XiiaLive will launch and start playing the feed.
  6. Click the big plus sign to add the feed as a favorite in XiiaLive.

I've revised the Wiki article. If you find this procedure does not work on your Android phone, please let me know.

Last edited:

Ben96cal

re: android

Why would u need an app? My droid running 2.2 already has a built in media player and all you have to do is enter in the stream URL and it works...

AK9R

Super Moderator
Yes, you can use the built-in media player, but it doesn't display alpha tags. XiiaLive does.

wvscanner

Database Admin
I don't have a geek type phone yet. I was wondering beside's the alpha tag, is their any pro's or con's on using a app over the media player? Battery or connection time?

Thanks.

AK9R

Super Moderator
One thing I've noticed about my Motorola Droid...If I listen to a feed that has tags, that encourages me to keep the screen turned on so I can see the tags. Having the screen on all the time is detrimental to battery life.

JLM7424

Here's what works for me:

1. Use the Android browser to go to RadioReference Live Audio
  2. Find the feed you want.
  3. On the "Feed Details" screen (you're still in the Android browser at this point), click on the link to listen the feed.
  4. The browser will pop up a window asking if you want to use the Music player or XiiaLive. Select XiiaLive.
  5. XiiaLive will launch and start playing the feed.
  6. Click the big plus sign to add the feed as a favorite in XiiaLive.

I've revised the Wiki article. If you find this procedure does not work on your Android phone, please let me know.

GOOD info ! Worked good I Love My Droid-X :)

Status
Not open for further replies.