Testers needed for ScannerLive Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
After playing with Action Scanner on my iPhone, it made me think of new ways to monitor live scanner feeds on my PC too. So I started writing. I've got a few people looking at a very early alpha test version, and am looking for a little wider distribution in the next week or two.

Here's what ScannerLive will do...

1) Select multiple online feeds to monitor (up to 10 per bank)
2) Save your layout in up to 10 banks for quick changes on the fly
3) Monitor all feeds in a bank, and if audio is heard on one of the feeds it will mute the others
4) Selectable delay, so you can have it stay on that feed until xx seconds has passed with no audio before scanning again
5) Priority selection, so if audio pops up on your priority feed while listening to another - it will jump to the feed you've selected as prority
6) Ability to change the volume settings individually
7) Ability to have certain feeds come out of left or right speaker only if desired
8) Might be able to add the alphatags for feeds that send it
9) Might be able to add a record function to save incoming data in .wav format (My guess right now is that I'll save that for v2 as that looks like it will take a bit of programming)
10) Audio meter active on all feeds (even when they are muted so you can manually switch if desired)
11) Ability to temporarily lock out a feed
12) Ability to hold or manually select a feed to stay on until pressing scan again

It checks all your feeds 10 times per second, so it's not really "scanning" as it is always looking for active audio.

My guess is that the final cost for this will be around $20. Right now I'm just looking for some beta testers who are interested in putting it through the paces when it's ready. So far I can guarantee it works with WinXP, Win2003, and Win7 (both 32 and 64-bit versions.) I assume it will work on other Windows versions too, but that's why I'm asking for testers.

- Rob

ve3zo

I am willing...if you are looking for someone. I have an XP and a Vista machine.

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Sounds like a great way for me to monitor my feeds. Please count me in. I have XP and Vista machines.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Everyone posting in this thread or sending me a PM/email is in the list. Once the beta starts, I'll stop accepting new applicants and then you'll need to wait for final release.

This will of course stream all RR feeds, and any other that you manually enter as long as Windows Media Player works with them.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Everyone posting in this thread or sending me a PM/email is in the list. Once the beta starts, I'll stop accepting new applicants and then you'll need to wait for final release.

This will of course stream all RR feeds, and any other that you manually enter as long as Windows Media Player works with them.

I see you mentioned Windows Media Player. What about WinAmp so the metadata tags will show. Just a thought.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I'm doing my best to make sure I'll be able to do tags, although that might have to wait for v2.

I'm just saying that if it plays in WMP, it will play in this.

I don't use WMP or WinAmp because they don't offer an easy way to interface with Visual Basic 2008, so that restricted me a bit. It took a _lot_ of googling and trying to decode C++ samples to get the component I finally found to work for VB.

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
please count me in to test your software.

I have several computer with xp, vista and windows 7 32 and 64 bits,

thanks

Mrscanner2008

Status
Not open for further replies.