Scanner Force: New Version, Site, and Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I would like to announce that Scanner Force v2.1 has been released. The major changes I have made in this version were removing the disabled functions and made the change from a subscription based program to a one time payment of $15 per major version.

I have also uploaded a new website that includes full functionality (minus a support system for now). There are now official forums located at The Scanner Force Forums for discussion. I will make all announcements regarding Scanner Force there and will also announce here of any releases.

I have begun working on a mobile version of Scanner Force for Windows Mobile and hope to bring it to market soon! From what I can see, this will be the first app for Windows Mobile to officially play RR feeds. I will release more info on this soon.

SCPD

QRT
I press submit too early before I could finish my post.
---

The future of Scanner Force will be this way. v2 will be the features and feed player that is there currently. Once v3 comes out, there will be no more releases for v2 will be made unless they are minor fixes.

v3 will be a complete redo of Scanner Force which changes how you listen to feeds. Scanner Force will move from listening to multiple feed to scanning feeds. A virtual scanner (see the attached image) will replace the old player. On this scanner, the first line displays alpha tags from the current feed that's playing, the second line is the feed (with the feed id), the third line is the county/state, and the fourth line is what mode the scanner is in (ex: Playing, Selecting a feed to manually play, etc...). You can have as many virtual scanners as you want and make it so that one scanner is panned/balanced to the left speaker and another one to the right speaker. You will also be able to select the speakers you want them to play on (so if you have multiple audio cards, you can have set scanners on set speakers). The two modes the scanner will do are scanning and manual. These will be similar to an actual scanner. Because I can't mimic a scanner exactly, this virtual scanner will have a tab control on the right which lets you set individual squelch settings on a per feed basis, volume per basis, and more. Recording will also be included in its own tab. The numbers on the virtual scanner will be used for entering a feed ID manually. The virtual scanner power button will be used to turn off the scanner when you don't want it to run and then back on to resume scanning (or listening to a feed manually).

Attachments

• Scanner.jpg
    Scanner.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 800

richtidd

Database Admin
I would like to announce that Scanner Force v2.1 has been released. The major changes I have made in this version were removing the disabled functions and made the change from a subscription based program to a one time payment of $15 per major version.

I have also uploaded a new website that includes full functionality (minus a support system for now). There are now official forums located at The Scanner Force Forums for discussion. I will make all announcements regarding Scanner Force there and will also announce here of any releases.

I have begun working on a mobile version of Scanner Force for Windows Mobile and hope to bring it to market soon! From what I can see, this will be the first app for Windows Mobile to officially play RR feeds. I will release more info on this soon.

I need the reg key for 2.1.
Can you sent it to my e-mail address?

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
v3 will be a complete redo of Scanner Force which changes how you listen to feeds. Scanner Force will move from listening to multiple feed to scanning feeds.

Can the current versions of Scanner Force currently in the wild listen to feeds other than those hosted by RadioReference?

SCPD

QRT
At the moment it can't. I plan on releasing it in v3.1 as I will have to rewrite how the program stores information about feeds. Right now it requires the data coming in to have location and other information that can't be obtained in a manual feed.

fuzzynco

I cannot login to your website :(

I keep getting errors telling me to register, then that my email is already registered, then
lost password says I'm not registered???

Please email me at qwillpen@hotmail.com with instructions on how to be recognized.

I'm looking for streaming software for windows mobile 6.1 pro (original touch pro for alltel).
I can receive the stream from here on my android phone, I need an app for win mo 6.1 pro
(touch screen version).

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.