Have a listen and tell me how it sounds please

Status
Not open for further replies.

SignalSeeker

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a used Uniden BCT15 off Craigslist. I programmed up West Sac PD and Fire which includes local EMS. It also has Yolo county Sheriff and Fire dispatch.

Please give it a listen and tell me about the audio quality. I run it up a little hot since I listen to my own feed with an iPhone which has low audio. It is running on a XPe winterm with Scannercast, as is my RR feed. It is not on RR yet so here is a direct link.

http://home.signalseekers.net:5800

Thanks,
Justin

N2JDS

I must be doing something wrong, when it is loading for 1st 20 seconds or so it will play, then stops until I reload, then 20 seconds again, it loads with quicktime. but what i heard was not bad. fire tones came in clear.

SignalSeeker

Premium Subscriber
I have mine play with Windows Media Player. It also works fine on my iPhone with the default player. You can copy and paste the link into Windows Media Player if you want.

Justin

04Z1V6

Sounds pretty good you do have some background noise. What software are you using to send the feed, what bit rate are you running? Sounds like you may need a ground loop isolator.

SignalSeeker

Premium Subscriber
It is running with Scannercast V0.14 (10307) at 16K. I moved the antenna, let me know if some of the background noise disappeared. Seems to me a little quieter now. I am not noticing a hum, what kind of hum are you hearing?

Justin

talkpair

Please give it a listen and tell me about the audio quality. I run it up a little hot since I listen to my own feed with an iPhone which has low audio. It is running on a XPe winterm with Scannercast, as is my RR feed. It is not on RR yet so here is a direct link.

It sounds perfect to me........I wouldn't change a thing.

I downloaded a sample of your audio and looked at it with audacity and found the audio level to be what I would consider "normalized".......In other words, about the same audio level as a music CD.

You might think it's a little 'hot', but the graph shows it exactly where it should be.

I appreciate streams that I don't have to mess with the volume control.

Status
Not open for further replies.