Monitoring scanner feeds on Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
i have a android phone is there away i can monitor scanner feeds on it? A guy I work with does but he has a I phone. Can you do this with a android?

V-17

I'm doing it now, with an Android Incredible. So that would be a yes to your question! The frequency that i want to listen to wasn't in the data base here, so i became a feed provider with the freq i wanted.

Running Free App " Scanner Radio" feeds are provided by this site.

Hope that helps.

danesgs

Android scanner apps

Thought I might pass this on to those out there. I know this may be somewhat off topic. I bought a 7 in china netbook awhile back and because it was so cheap (80.00) decided to play with it. First I dumped the WinCE 6.0 OS for the Android flash upgrade I found on the net. Understand that this is reversable. I then went looking for a droid app for scanning. There are a number of them out there, but I ran into a unique problem. Most of these apps were configured for portrait mode on a droid phone. They don't work that well with 7 in LCD's in landscape. I did find one called "Police Scanner" by Momojoe. This fills the bill and has both US and international lists to choose from. Suffice to say, I can now listen to all the channels in the area for PD, Fire and EMS for the metro area that are digital streams, not only that but with the sound recorder built in can record any content if needed. Pretty cool stuff, and I can still surf the web, open Office docs and generally have a neat small HAM device to carry in the field for logging. These netbooks are being massed marketed all over and until I ran across the various users that have remade the OS's on these I thought I had a paper-weight. You can flash these with Linux, WinCE 6.0, or Android.Next is getting Echolink on the thing!

Danesgs
KJ4DGE

danesgs

7 in netbook

There are a number of models and makes but they are all ARM based sub-sub netbooks running WinCE 5 or 6. I have not tried streaming anything with it, my next project will be echolink once I can find the app to download. The main thing is to get it converted to Android OS or Linux. Anything open source other than MS. I have been listening to FF county PD all afternoon on the thing using police scanner app for Android and it works great.

Greg
KJ4DGE

TrenchFeeder

i have a android phone is there away i can monitor scanner feeds on it? A guy I work with does but he has a I phone. Can you do this with a android?

There's apps for it.

but my opinion on these apps is that they only give people using scanners in a lawful hobbyist way a bad name, when every young punk gets caught with one when he's riding dirty. In some states these apps are in fact illegal so check your local scanner laws

(I am in no way saying that's what you are)

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
I found one in the market place called police scanner and it wors well on my phone. I was wanting this app to monitor my own feed when I'm away. I also downloaded echolink and installed it on my phone seems to work pretty slick. I got it so i can connect to my Link node when I'm away and not near a radio.

Thanks guys!

icpicp96

Droid Phone

How would I go about to have someone add a Police to the list to stream? I would like to add a town so that I can listen to while I am out. I see that it is on the data base. Just wondering if would be able to be streamed on the Radio scanner program.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You would offer to buy someone in that area a scanner, and ship it to them if they offer to feed the audio.

PeterGV

K1PGV
How would I go about to have someone add a Police to the list to stream? I would like to add a town so that I can listen to while I am out. I see that it is on the data base. Just wondering if would be able to be streamed on the Radio scanner program.

Contact the feed owner and ask if they'd be willing to add it. I'd use the "Report a problem" form (go to the feed in the Live Aduio section)... Sure, it's not a PROBLEM exactly, but that's probably the simplest way to get a message to a feed owner.

Peter
K1PGV

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Peter - he wants to add a feed in an area that has no feed. There would be no "feed owner" for him to contact ;)

all4gaines

RR on Andriod

I was able to get the RR from my Andriod market with no problem, but it only allows me to listen to police. Does anyone know of any apps in the Andriod market that allow you to listen to Railroad Frequencies?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Use your browser and go to m.radioreference.com

Status
Not open for further replies.