Multiple Winamp Instances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB2UZR

Hi All:

Is there a way to display multiple instances of Winamp at the same time on the desktop? I have the "allow multiple instances" option enabled, but I would like to show two separate players at the same time. I think I used to be able to do it, just cant figure out how!

Thanks

Scott

richtidd

Database Admin
Hi All:

Is there a way to display multiple instances of Winamp at the same time on the desktop? I have the "allow multiple instances" option enabled, but I would like to show two separate players at the same time. I think I used to be able to do it, just cant figure out how!

Thanks

Scott

Yes there is.
See here in the Wiki for the answer. Look at the Winamp section: Computer Based Applications.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Just click Winamp again for the next instance. I do it all the time. One thing to watch for... the second instance of Winamp will startup in the same exact spot on your desktop so it can be hard to see. It may be behind the first so you can't see it? Grab the top of the first Winamp program with your mouse... left click and hold... move it to another spot on your desktop before you start the second instance. I run a soundboard at a local theater and use Winamp to generate sounds and music. Sometimes I will have 10-15 instances of Winamp running or cued at the same time. Another option would be to look at the task bar for another instance of Winamp running.

WB2UZR

That did the trick Ralph! We should put that in the Wiki, as I'm sure I'm not the only one that had that trouble. Once I moved the first instance a bit, I was able to see the second. Thanks again!

Scott/WB2UZR

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I've hunted garage sales, flea markets and eBay for the last 30 years for my friend Reddy. I have pins, clocks, pens, soap, oven mitts, you name it. My wife says if I buy one more Reddy I'll be sleeping in the back shed with him. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... a Reddy tattoo... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.