Scanner Force Discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I regret to inform everyone that Scanner Force for Windows will be discontinued. As a programmer, I now have work that's taking my full attention on another project and I'm a full time student. People who have already paid for the Windows version will go unaffected. Scanner Force will continue to provide Scanner Force Mobile (Windows Mobile Version) with limited updates.

Hopefully once things die down I can return to Scanner Force some day. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask here!

Last edited by a moderator:

woobbie

question on scanner force

Hi,

I paid for scanner force, but then had a problem with my new computer and had to reinstall Windows. I see that you have discontinued it, but is there a way for me to get the program because I paid for it?

Thanks,
Christine Hance
woobbie@earthlink.net

woobbie

Ok, so I tried to PM you, but the system states that I do not have access to be able to PM you. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Any suggestions?

Or you could send me an email to the address I listed above?

Thanks so much!

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
PM's are blocked until a user is considered an approved member.

You don't become an approved member until you have 4 posts in the forums (Not the tavern). Previous posts must be approved by a moderator.

This is done to combat spam.

rayleon

A connection is unable to be made to the Scanner Force server.

Dear Mr. Graves,

It has been awhile since I have tried the Scanner Force application on my phone due to downgrading to a phone that no longer supports the application. I did notice sometime ago that the Scanner Force application on my Windows 7 computer stopped working. I just read your post on The RadioReference.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin which states:
Scanner Force Discontinued
I regret to inform everyone that Scanner Force for Windows will be discontinued. As a programmer, I now have work that's taking my full attention on another project and I'm a full time student. People who have already paid for the Windows version will go unaffected. Scanner Force will continue to provide Scanner Force Mobile (Windows Mobile Version) with limited updates.
Hopefully once things die down I can return to Scanner Force some day. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But I am affected with the following message when I try to start the application on my computer:
"A connection is unable to be made to the Scanner Force server. Either you are offline or the Scanner Force server is unavailable right now!
Please try again later!"
If you would please let me know if it is in fact not working for Windows computers I would appreciate it.

Ray Leon

Attachments

• errormsg.jpg
    errormsg.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 267

SCPD

QRT
It appears you are using the outdated version of Scanner Force. I released a final version that connects directly to RadioReference.com and not relaying data through my servers. I'll reply to you by email to give you the updated version.

Status
Not open for further replies.