Switched feed computers, now I got real funky audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I moved some feeds to what I was hoping to be a dedicated feed computer. I am using 4 $1 USB sound cards from eBay. I have the mic input completely lowered and the AGC is turned off. The machine is a Dell Insprion 2650 running Windoze XP. I'm using ScannerCast V0.14. I have it setup the same way I did on my former machine. The audio I think is a bit hot, sometimes its plays the audio real fast, sounds really digitized. If you could, take a listen. Feed 7444 is the most active.

Here are the four feeds in question:

Cedar Rapids Area Railroads Live Scanner Audio Feed

Johnson County Public Safety Live Scanner Audio Feed

Linn County Sheriff and Fire Live Scanner Audio Feed

Marion Police, Fire, and AREA 11 Aid Live Scanner Audio Feed

Tim K.

johnvassel

I moved some feeds to what I was hoping to be a dedicated feed computer. I am using 4 $1 USB sound cards from eBay. I have the mic input completely lowered and the AGC is turned off. The machine is a Dell Insprion 2650 running Windoze XP. I'm using ScannerCast V0.14. I have it setup the same way I did on my former machine. The audio I think is a bit hot, sometimes its plays the audio real fast, sounds really digitized. If you could, take a listen. Feed 7444 is the most active.

Here are the four feeds in question:

Cedar Rapids Area Railroads Live Scanner Audio Feed

Johnson County Public Safety Live Scanner Audio Feed

Linn County Sheriff and Fire Live Scanner Audio Feed

Marion Police, Fire, and AREA 11 Aid Live Scanner Audio Feed

Tim K.

I'm currently reviewing some dispatch info from last night, I'll take a listen in a bit. But, if the Mic in is too hot, radioshack does sell an attenuating cable, 3.5mm to 3.5 mm that'll drop it down a bit.
It helped me, but then I just picked up a used laptop with a line in jack and solved it alltogether.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I'm currently reviewing some dispatch info from last night, I'll take a listen in a bit. But, if the Mic in is too hot, radioshack does sell an attenuating cable, 3.5mm to 3.5 mm that'll drop it down a bit.
It helped me, but then I just picked up a used laptop with a line in jack and solved it alltogether.

The hot audio is the least of my worries right now. If I could buy older laptop with 5 line/mic in's, I would.

Tim K.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I'm did a windoze update. Looks like a lot of updates for .NET framework. Whether this is the problem or not, I don't know. I have the feeds offline now while doing this update. The first one was 60MB, just starting the second one and its also 60MB!

Tim K.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I went back to my original machine, everything is working fine now. I guess I will chalk it up to cheap USB cards and a 8-9 year old laptop.

Tim K.

Status
Not open for further replies.