Scanner for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawsrock

I would like to know, what apps for scanner listening to you use? I have a smartphone with android platform. I wish I could get get radio 5-0, but it look like it is only for Iphone and Ipod touch. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Ron Fone

Home

SCPD

QRT
There are a couple out there in the Android Market. I think one is called Scanner Buddy, and another named Scanner Radio (or something like that) that I can think of just off the top of my head.

For that matter you can also play the feeds using any of the media players on Android Market since a feed is nothing more then an audio stream. The scanner apps however probably make things a little easier to use and find feeds.

AYoung2600

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; VM670 Build/FRG83) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

There is an app that I just downloaded called scanner radio and it works great. (i just have the free version)

Last edited:

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
Why not go to the market place and search for scanner.

Agreed. There are several Android apps available in the Android Market. Just type "scanner" or "police" into the search bar. Try them out and see which one you like best.

johnvassel

As a feed provider, I like the 'pro' version of scanner radio.
Allows me access to archives of feeds, as well as an alert when a feed hits a certain number of listeners.
The free version is great for most, if you don't want archives.

pawsrock

I am sorry for not asking my question right. I have gone to the Android market and look at the scanner apps that they have. Of the ones available, which one is the best? From what I have seen, I am not to impress with what I have found.
Thanks
Ron Fone

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
They all come with free versions - my bet is to start with the free ones and pick the app you like best, and buy that.

ramboton

Feed Provider
Android Apps

I have tried several on my DroidX

Scanner Buddy, did not seem to work, I did not hear anything.

Policestream, for some reason does not list all of the RR feeds, it only listed one of the 4 feeds that I provide,(even after I refreshed the feeds list) not sure why.

Scanner Radio - I use the free version it seems to work fine, I may try the paid version so I have access to the archives and widgets.

mrkelso

I would like to know, what apps for scanner listening to you use? I have a smartphone with android platform. I wish I could get get radio 5-0, but it look like it is only for Iphone and Ipod touch. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Ron Fone

Home

I run Scanner Radio 2.3 by Gordon Edwards on my Droid X and it works real nice

I recommend it highly

rmiller818

I run Scanner Radio 2.3 by Gordon Edwards on my Droid X and it works real nice

I recommend it highly

I use that as well and really like it.

By the way, for those not familiar, Gordon who made that app is the guy that created Scan America which is what Radio reference bought to provide all the live audio feeds. Great guy!

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
but i do hope Gordon can add Tags later on down the road though none of my feeds currently use tags, but I may add it if the gordon adds it to the app...

Status
Not open for further replies.