Remote Scanner Control Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

hercules411us

I'm looking for software to remotely control and listen to a BCD996T. The listening post is in a valley and I need to put the scanner at a higher location a couple of miles from my building.

The setup will be on a LAN, and will use IP addresses inside our building. Thus, it will not use internet at all. We tried this once before using an internet connection, and the stream would break up and eventually just lock up.

Our LAN is always on and not subject to internet slowdowns or connections being broken. It is also thousands of times faster than internet based connections.

I need software, that communicates over IP. The connection is two way and realtime.

Butel's ScannerStation looks good.. but a bit pricey for me.
How about ProScan or ScanControl? But can I remotely control my scanner with those.. (i.e. lockout quickeys.. change frequencies ect) In other words.. do just about anything I could do if the scanner was still sitting in front of me? And it has to work on a BCD996T.

Any other software that you have tried or even heard of?

Proscan will do what you are looking for. According to the features:

Scanner Support - Supports 13 different uniden Models. DMA and Non DMA.
Scanner Programming - Upload and download data to / from scanner.
Database - Full featured database with Find & Replace, Exports and imports data from ProScan database files, Uniden UASD database files, RadioReference Web Service, and RadioReference CD.
RadioFeed - Source Client - Streams audio to RadioReference, Icecast, and ShoutCast servers.
RadioFeed - Web Server - Your very own web site that streams audio and serves a web page.
Logger - Extensive logging with many options.
Remote Control Scanner Over IP - Control scanner remotely with streaming audio Recorder - No loss audio recorder. Stereo or mono.
Audio Flow Diagram - Shows audio flow along with the volume controls and level meters.
Band Scope - Great for testing antenna's and interference tracking
Control Channel Data Monitoring - Monitor the trunking control channel data. Works with XT series scanners only.
Sessions Manager - Manages multiple instances of ProScan running on same computer.
Virtual Display - With keypad and knobs emulates the scanner front panel.
Test Tab - Bonus items such as sending commands to the scanner and viewing returned data from scanner.
Tabbed layout - For easy navigation. Each tab contains a major feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.