Stereo feed & Alpha Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to do Alpha Tags from 2 scanners running a stereo feed?
Left side a 780XLT and right side 396T

could it be done? Or am i stuck with tags from one radio only?

SCPD

QRT
Is it possible to do Alpha Tags from 2 scanners running a stereo feed?
Left side a 780XLT and right side 396T

could it be done? Or am i stuck with tags from one radio only?

I don't think its possible to do so with a Stereo feed. I used to run one and Only one scanner was able to provide alpha data. But if you go to a non-stereo dual feed, using two separate mic inputs and two separate USB jacks, using two separate ScannerCast windows it can be done.

QDP2012

(Sorry for posting on an old thread. After reading many other threads I have not found a newer answer to this question.)

With software changes in the last several years, is it still not possible to send alpha tags from two scanners into a single stereo feed? If it is, how and with what software?

Thanks,

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
It's not just the streaming side you have to consider, but the client side as well.
How would it display two different sets of tags in an app/browser/java player. And what happens when both sides (say PD left, FD right) are active.

QDP2012

Thanks for the reply. I thought about that. At this point, other than RR's typical web-based players (like the HTML5 player which doesn't support tags anyway), I don't use or have access to the other apps to see how they might handle stereo-tags. I didn't know if the apps/players have been updated to be "stereo-aware" and whether they can show visually-split or -stacked or -concatenated tags to indicate left and right signals separately. From your reply, I gather that they still cannot. Multiple mono-feeds are certainly the standard; but lack of stereo-tag support doesn't help encourage the use of stereo-feeds.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.