Recording your feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

whgwvscanner

Feed Provider
So what does everyone nowadays use to record their live audio? I have been looking at an application called Total Recorder. I have used am application before called Scanner Recorder Pro also.

Things that I look for:
- Schedule - this is huge
- Auto name the file per day
- VOX would be nice - or something that could track the time a tone-out is sent

Right now I'm demoing a few different software and hopefully I can find a good one.

My system is Windows 7 x64 w/ 8GB RAM and Audio In.

whgwvscanner

Feed Provider
RR does kieep audio but it doesn't cut out dead space, only does 30mins at a time. ect

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
I use IDTrackerIII. While I love it the only downfall is it reads the scanner so I cannot send alphatags to RR.
Cuts out dead space, I can set it to start a new file every so many minutes and if I lose power, I don't loose the file like some other programs do. I forgot, for the most part you need a Uniden 396/996 or PSR-500 or 600 or the radio shack version. It does not listen on the sound card to record, the scanner tells it to.

Last edited:

whgwvscanner

Feed Provider
I like the overall quality of Total Recorder so far - I just need to find out how I can create a schedule and then auto-save that schedule daily.

whgwvscanner

Feed Provider
Well, I created a schedule and I am going to run some tests today. Programs seems to do a lot - missing some features but I may be able to deal with it.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
I use ScanRec Pro. I broadcast two scanners from one PC so obviously I have two sounds cards. ScanRec Pro allows VOX Recording from MULTIPLE sources. It was well worth the small donation I paid for it.

Once I set up the profile for each audio source, I saved them and added the profile shortcut to my startup folder. I also have my scanner PC auto-login if the power bumps or it restarts for any reason. All the scanner feed programs auto start as well as the recorder programs without me having to worry about checking on it daily.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I use Proscan, saves each comm in it's own directory, sorted by date and time, only records when the scanner has activity. And I have a batch file using winrar that runs at midnight each day to archive that days recordings and empty out the directories for the next day.

Also does my RR feed with my alpha tags and I use it to program my scanner

996XT

jwjkp

I have my own scanner website. I record (archive) the stream on a linux box using a nice little script call icecream.

icecream!

This has been working great for me for well over a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.