Scannercast Pro-106 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlindstrom

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to stream my Pro-106 for personal use using ScannerCast v0.14 (10307). I have the 20-546 Radio Shack programming cable.

Icecast is running fine when it comes to receiving and transmitting the stream. However, ScannerCast is having issues keeping communication with the Pro-106 itself. It starts of fine showing "Scanner Connection: OK" but soon starts rapidly changing between that message and "Scanner connection: NOT COMMUNICATING WITH SCANNER". It soon progresses to saying not communicating for the majority of the time and only occasionally flashing back to OK.

I run Windows 7 x64 on an Intel Core I7-970 with 8GB of RAM. Since this is a six core machine and I've seen it cause issues with some other programs, I set the affinity of the ScannerCast process to only use 1 of the cores but that didn't seem to help. I also tried raising the priority of ScannerCast to above normal again without success.

I am able to use Win500's monitor/control feature without issue, so I don't think the cable or COM settings are messed up.

Has anyone else encountered such an issue?

Last edited:

exportdawg

I am trying to stream my Pro-106 for personal use using ScannerCast v0.14 (10307). I have the 20-546 Radio Shack programming cable.

Icecast is running fine when it comes to receiving and transmitting the stream. However, ScannerCast is having issues keeping communication with the Pro-106 itself. It starts of fine showing "Scanner Connection: OK" but soon starts rapidly changing between that message and "Scanner connection: NOT COMMUNICATING WITH SCANNER". It soon progresses to saying not communicating for the majority of the time and only occasionally flashing back to OK.

I run Windows 7 x64 on an Intel Core I7-970 with 8GB of RAM. Since this is a six core machine and I've seen it cause issues with some other programs, I set the affinity of the ScannerCast process to only use 1 of the cores but that didn't seem to help. I also tried raising the priority of ScannerCast to above normal again without success.

I am able to use Win500's monitor/control feature without issue, so I don't think the cable or COM settings are messed up.

Has anyone else encountered such an issue?

If you are not sending tags, make sure you click NO TAGS on the main scannercast page. This could be the problem.

mrlindstrom

Premium Subscriber
I am sending tags since the pro-106 supports this feature. Tags are sent at first while it says it is communicating OK, but it stops after a while.

mrlindstrom

Premium Subscriber
On a side note, I just tried out RadioFeed and it is working fairly well with the exception that the tags seem to show up a few seconds after the audio has begun streaming. I am still curious as to why scannercast is having these issues though.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
On a side note, I just tried out RadioFeed and it is working fairly well with the exception that the tags seem to show up a few seconds after the audio has begun streaming. I am still curious as to why scannercast is having these issues though.

On the RadioFeed metadata delay problem. I know exactly why it's doing that and how it broke in 1.9.

Can you email me at bob@proscan.org and I will send you a RadioFeed.exe file that should do the trick.

Last edited:

bbadger187

Feed Provider
I have been getting the same problem with the " NOT COMMUNICATING WITH SCANNER" I have since switched to RadioFeed. Is there a different program that can handle the Alpha Tags better?

Status
Not open for further replies.