Web Player goes right to "Red X"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mthom50

Premium Subscriber
Hi All, Sorry if this isn't the best place to check on this, but until about two weeks ago I've never had trouble using the web player to hear RR feeds. In the past week or two though, every click on a speaker icon to open a feed results in a brief attempt to connect followed by the red "X" next to the progress bar on the player window, and no connection.

If I play an archived feed with that other web player, no problem. Also, if I open feeds with some other player selections, they play just fine. I'm using Win 7 and Firefox 5, and there have been some of the usual updates recently, but the same ones have occurred on a very similar system I use at work and the web player still operates fine there.

I tried making sure the flash player is the latest update, and most other A/V stuff (youtube, TV sites, music on MySpace, etc) does fine, too. The problem seems isolated to the pop-up web player, and even though I can listen with workarounds, I'd love to troubleshoot this and get it back to normal operation.

Anyone else had similar issues, or further suggestions on what may have gone wrong?

Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.