RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording - Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Fire View Post
DC31,
The "contact us" is an email link which I haven't had time to create the correct wording to send in yet. In the meantime, I did find that the account was reactivated after 24 hours. Paging emails and texts are going out again today. I am being diligent about deleting all sent mail, even though there appears to be no bounces.
We'll see how it goes.
Thanks for the reply.
Jim
For what it is worth, I have over 8000 messages sitting in my sent items using 4% of my allocated 15Gbytes of space. I don't think that messages sitting in your sent items has anything to do with it.
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejackson046 View Post
I have recently downloaded the program for the first time and would like to know is there a fix to att phones not receiving the pages? I have seen minimal info on it throughout the thread. Wondering if there is a quick fix?
Are you sending to number@mms.att.net?
Old 11-27-2014, 4:03 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmeat001 View Post
Does anyone know if using two tone detect on my Fire Department is a violation to the FCC rules?
If you are using it to send messages to those people for whom the original radio transmission was intended (fire department members) or to people who the licensee authorizes you to send the message to, there should be no potential violation of FCC rules.

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Old 11-27-2014, 4:25 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Does anyone know the maximum instances of TTD you can run on one computer? Currently we run two but I want to add a third. Is this possible?
Old 11-28-2014, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
If you are using it to send messages to those people for whom the original radio transmission was intended (fire department members) or to people who the licensee authorizes you to send the message to, there should be no potential violation of FCC rules.

Andy
I'm not aware of any FCC regulation that would prohibit sending pages via text or email regardless of whether the user is authorized to do so by the department or not. The pages are sent via airways which anybody is free to listen. They can be recorded and retransmitted via TwoToneDetect without restriction.
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2014, 8:36 PM

Default Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
TTD can do this very easily by triggering a script after recording is done. That script can be set up to do any number of things...upload the file to a web server, google drive, send a twitter message, whatever. If anyone needs a server to upload their files to let me know, I can probably make some space available on twotonedetect.net for a nominal fee. There are lots of free options out there though.

Andy
First thanks for the great software, I use it for our department and also our MABAS division which goes out to well over 100 people.

here is my question, we have a private Facebook group for our MABAS division, it would be awesome if there were a way to post the MP3 file of a MABAS tone out on the group page automatically, any easy way to do this?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-02-2014, 4:12 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

[QUOTE
here is my question, we have a private Facebook group for our MABAS division, it would be awesome if there were a way to post the MP3 file of a MABAS tone out on the group page automatically, any easy way to do this?
[/QUOTE]

I believe that this would require that you upload the audio file to a server and then also post a link to that file on your facebook page. I have a simple python script that uploads the audio file to an FTP server if that would help you get started.

Jim
Old 12-03-2014, 11:15 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
[QUOTE
I believe that this would require that you upload the audio file to a server and then also post a link to that file on your facebook page. I have a simple python script that uploads the audio file to an FTP server if that would help you get started.

Jim[/QUOTE]

I've been using Audioboom.com. My TTD emails to an Audioboom.com email adress associated with my account and that auto posts it to the Facebook account. I did it awhile ago so I'm not sure on the step by step. I also use a dedicated FB page but that shouldn't matter. Here's the FB page if you want to check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/CBFireAlerts
Old 12-03-2014, 11:50 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Do you mean like this?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ontar...975022?sk=wall
Old 12-06-2014, 8:09 AM

Quote:
From the link that you posted above, have you tried:

"If you are sending mail in accordance with our guidelines and Gmail continues to mark your messages as spam, contact us." ??

If you explain the situation to them I would hope that they could help you resolve it.

Jim
I just ran into the same problem my gmail account for my TTD is locked out. Have you had any luck resolving this issue?
Thanks,
Jesse
Old 12-07-2014, 5:05 PM

Looks like audioboom would work, but i was hoping to post it to a private group not a page
Old 12-11-2014, 7:48 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajalbarano View Post
It must have been coincidence, it picked up the stacked set with both instances open. Sorry about that. I don't know if this is possible, but it would be awesome if you could program an email MP3 field that sends as a BCC exception, where everything but what emails are in that field would be sent BCC, when BCC is checked. Then I could run 1 instance and still have it go to AudioBoo. Or even a way to choose what gets sent BCC and what does not. I'm sure that would be a lot of work though. Just a suggestion. Thanks for all your hard work with the program!!
I have a simple python script that sends the audio to Audioboo. You can run it from the post_email_command line. Then you can keep all your other emails going out bcc: from the program and the script sends a separate email to: audioboo. Would you like a copy?
Old 12-11-2014, 7:50 AM
Mentor
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Ooh! I sure would. I'm currently running a second copy of TTD that is doing nothing but feeding audioboo.
Old 12-11-2014, 9:53 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
I have a simple python script that sends the audio to Audioboo. You can run it from the post_email_command line. Then you can keep all your other emails going out bcc: from the program and the script sends a separate email to: audioboo. Would you like a copy?
Oops, I posted this to the wrong thread. The python script works on the Raspberry Pi version of TTD, I don't know enough about Windows to say whether it can be made to work there or not. Since TTD even on Windows is written in Python it may well work but I don't know what tweaks may be needed to achieve this.

Attached is the python script anyway. I have renamed it to a .txt extension for the upload. You will need to change this back to .py. Three lines need editing to enter your gmail and audioboo email information. then save the Audio_Boo.py to the directory that contains your TwoToneDetect program. To run it in the post_email_command line it is: python Audio_Boo.py [mp3]

Maybe someone can help with running it under Windows.

Good luck. Sorry for the confusion.

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: txt Audio_Boo.txt (1.3 KB, 83 views)
Old 12-12-2014, 7:26 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Attached is a snip it from a error I am getting when trying to send emails.

Any help would be great!

Thanks you
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2014, 3:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejackson046 View Post
Attached is a snip it from a error I am getting when trying to send emails.

Any help would be great!

Thanks you
This is an issue with your gmail setup, not TwoToneDetect itself. Did you go to the link specified in the error message?

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754

There are a couple possible solutions. You might need to set up an App password for TTD:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

Or, you may need to allow "less secure" apps to access your gmail account since TTD does not currently support the new OAuth 2.0 authentication that gmail started using earlier this year:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Old 12-12-2014, 4:35 PM

Default Help with Setup

Hello, I am trying to setup the TwoToneDetect system for my fire department in Hancock, Maine. I have been able to get the program its self up and running and I have been able to get the system to record tones played off my phone however I can't get the program to record tones from our office radio. I wanted to have the best audio possible for the system so I wired a 3.5 mm audio cable into the radio's PA wire output and I am getting a constant 304.1 Hz. I am trying to find out how or if this setup will work. Any help is much appreciated!

-Lance B
Hancock Fire
Old 12-12-2014, 6:51 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks for the response Andy. I did try all of those items within gmail and it is still not allowing it to work. I think I'm going to have to use google groups instead of individualy entering people in two tone detect. Appears it blocks it as spam
Old 12-13-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire6140 View Post
Hello, I am trying to setup the TwoToneDetect system for my fire department in Hancock, Maine. I have been able to get the program its self up and running and I have been able to get the system to record tones played off my phone however I can't get the program to record tones from our office radio. I wanted to have the best audio possible for the system so I wired a 3.5 mm audio cable into the radio's PA wire output and I am getting a constant 304.1 Hz. I am trying to find out how or if this setup will work. Any help is much appreciated!

-Lance B
Hancock Fire
It is probably your office radio. I originally tried using a Uniden BCT-15 with my setup which is with Raspberry PI and was getting levels in the upper 200s. I then tried my Baofeng UV-5R and started getting constant audio levels around 15. $30 radio vs a $200 scanner and the $30 radio wins. I did buy the 12v battery eliminator and an ac/dc cigarette lighter adapter to provide constant power to the radio instead of through the battery and charger. You will need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter.

Last edited by z88crazy; 12-13-2014 at 10:14 PM..
Old 12-16-2014, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomeso View Post

I am playing with audioboo, I set the boomail up just like they said bit it gets returned undelivered to my g-mail account, I have reached out to audioboo support and they are not much help they just tell me they checked and their system is working properly.

I created the e-mail account and logged in clicking the link to associate it with my account and every thing.

any ideas or anything you did special setting it up?

Thanks

Tags
twotonedetect