RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording


Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording - Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #3821 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2018, 9:05 AM
Newbie
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston, NY
Posts: 2
Default

I'm here because it has been over 2 years since my last TTD upgrade. The software has been working nicely.

Is there a location where I can find updated information on TTD? (GUI update?) With a bunch of new hires I have to learn how to program it all over again and I forget (low turnover job).

Any help available?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #3822 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2018, 9:49 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunebugKFD257 View Post
I'm here because it has been over 2 years since my last TTD upgrade. The software has been working nicely.

Is there a location where I can find updated information on TTD? (GUI update?) With a bunch of new hires I have to learn how to program it all over again and I forget (low turnover job).

Any help available?
You shouldn't have to "program it all over again".
All you need to do is edit the members that the program sends alerts to.
Locate the folder where the TTD is, open up the tones.cfg file and edit the list of members you want messages sent to. Add in your new people, and remove any if you need to.

You can also use the GUI to do so if that is easier. Locate the folder where the TTD is, open up the ToneEditor***.exe file and edit the list of members by clicking on the Add or Delete buttons.

The site for TTD is here, which has information on adding and editing too: TwoToneDetect
Reply With Quote
  #3823 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2018, 10:09 AM
Newbie
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston, NY
Posts: 2
Default

Thanks for replying:

I have all my fines in Google Drive, and I make changes remotely using TeamViewer. The last time I did an upgrade, I ended up losing all of my data and had to start from scratch.

What's the best way to perform a software upgrade without losing everything? (Maybe I just answered my own question by making a copy of the tones.cfg file?)

Last edited by JunebugKFD257; 05-31-2018 at 10:13 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3824 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2018, 10:19 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunebugKFD257 View Post
Thanks for replying:

I have all my fines in Google Drive, and I make changes remotely using TeamViewer. The last time I did an upgrade, I ended up losing all of my data and had to start from scratch.

What's the best way to perform a software upgrade without losing everything? (Maybe I just answered my own question by making a copy of the tones.cfg file?)
You basically answered your own question. You are correct, make a copy of your config and tones file and copy it into the new updated folder of TTD. That is how I do mine. Make sure you put ffmpeg in the new folder as well.
Reply With Quote
  #3825 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2018, 3:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Moundsville, WV
Posts: 3
Default Two Tone 69a

Hello, I have been trying for weeks to get a new set of tones to work on my system. they are 1084.1 and 716.1
I set this up just like the other 8 I have running on my system and it never seems to pick them up. I also installed Tone Finder and it see's these tones as 903 and 725 so I replaced 1084.1 and 716.1 with these and the system still wont pick these up either. Not sure what else I can do? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #3826 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2018, 3:47 PM
dlnorth's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendsley View Post
I am getting the following error when trying to open TwoToneDetect in the debug:

"Please build and install the PortAudio Python bindings first"

I have gotten the error in the past and just tried a few more times and it opened, but this time I can not get it to open at all.
Did you ever figure out what was causing this error? I'm getting it now too after upgraded to v70. Versions 69 and lower will open without giving me that error message.
Reply With Quote
  #3827 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2018, 2:40 PM
TheElkScanner's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ridgway, PA
Posts: 7
Default

I upgraded from v69 to v70 a few months ago. We had the internet go out for a few hours after a storm the other day. I went into my audio logs to see if their were any pages I missed while the internet was out. I found out it hasn't stored a page since April 30th. How can I get v70 to store audio again?
Reply With Quote
  #3828 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2018, 5:55 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElkScanner View Post
I upgraded from v69 to v70 a few months ago. We had the internet go out for a few hours after a storm the other day. I went into my audio logs to see if their were any pages I missed while the internet was out. I found out it hasn't stored a page since April 30th. How can I get v70 to store audio again?
This is typically a symptom of not having ffmpeg installed correctly. Check the audio files that have been sent...if they are WAV files and not MP3/AMR files, ffmpeg isn't there.

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
  #3829 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2018, 6:27 PM
TheElkScanner's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ridgway, PA
Posts: 7
Default

The audio files have all been sent in a MP3 format. I had added a new set of tones into it after I went to v70 and it saved all of them correctly. It just seems it randomly stopped saving the audio.
Reply With Quote
  #3830 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2018, 3:52 PM
TheElkScanner's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ridgway, PA
Posts: 7
Default

I'm not sure what I did or clicked on, but all the audio files just showed up..
Reply With Quote
  #3831 (permalink)  
Old 07-19-2018, 11:51 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Lancaster County NE
Posts: 109
Default

I'm having an issue with v70 just suddenly. One on Windows 7 and one 10. Both have multiple instances of TTD running but a second and third instance on each machine is giving me an error "Failed To Execute Script TwoToneDetect70"

Nothing runs when I try debug and I get the same message when trying to run the Editor also.

All of this while the other instances are still running. I even tried copying the folder and placing the config file back in but still get the same error.
Reply With Quote
  #3832 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2018, 6:55 PM
Newbie
   
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Delbarton, WV
Posts: 2
Default Raspberry Pi TTD Audio Issue

I'm running TTD v70 on a raspberry pi 3. Software runs great for the most part, and does what we need. The problem I'm having is at startup.

In order to start the software, I have to first open pavucontrol, then execute the TwoToneDetect70.pyc file. If I don't open pavucontrol first, i get an error message "TwoToneDetect had trouble finding or accessing an audio device on your system", and the software will not start. Is there a way I can get around this, also is there a way I can set the program to launch when the PI boots, this way I won't have any issues of missed dispatches due to the software not restarting if the PI looses power?

Sorry if this is basic, I'm a total newbie with linux.
Reply With Quote
  #3833 (permalink)  
Old 07-24-2018, 5:52 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmounts14 View Post
I'm running TTD v70 on a raspberry pi 3. Software runs great for the most part, and does what we need. The problem I'm having is at startup.

In order to start the software, I have to first open pavucontrol, then execute the TwoToneDetect70.pyc file. If I don't open pavucontrol first, i get an error message "TwoToneDetect had trouble finding or accessing an audio device on your system", and the software will not start. Is there a way I can get around this, also is there a way I can set the program to launch when the PI boots, this way I won't have any issues of missed dispatches due to the software not restarting if the PI looses power?

Sorry if this is basic, I'm a total newbie with linux.
Here is how I do it:

Create an autostart folder if it doesn’t exist. See image below for correct folder location. In that folder create two files: pavucontrol.desktop and TwoToneDetect.desktop. Put in the lines from the other two images. You may run into permissions problems editing these files. If so, one way around this is to use the nano text editor in the terminal window and precede it with sudo (sudo nano ...)

Reboot and pavucontrol will start first then TTD will launch. Then, if you want, add the following line to your crontab file (crontab -e) to close the pav window after 90 seconds.


@reboot sleep 90 ; pkill -9 pavucontrol

If you are truly a “total newbie” you may find this a little challenging, especially the permissions part. I am really only about ten days ahead of you on the newbie part. Don’t bang your head against the wall trying to figure it out. Send me a Private Message and I will work with you to get it going.

Jim
Attached Images
   

Last edited by DC31; 07-24-2018 at 5:56 AM.. Reason: Forgot the images
Reply With Quote
  #3834 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2018, 7:22 PM
   
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1
Default

Andy: When I open the program, (70) the audio squelch bar shows about 2/3 of full, but no audio. Is this a noise issue in my computer? It does not change even if I disconnect the scanner from the sound card. I'm using the line out on a Realistic Pro2020, which causes the bar to move about half-way over to full from the stationary 2/3 reading when I open the squelch. I was able to get the program to load after setting the input and output indexes to 0, and it is now recognizing the tones, and the record volume is adequate, but wondering if I need to troubleshoot the audio level.
Reply With Quote
  #3835 (permalink)  
Old 08-03-2018, 10:23 PM
Newbie
   
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Delbarton, WV
Posts: 2
Default

Had to change the python code at in the boot file for TTD because of it being an executable (./TwoToneDetect70), but other than that it worked perfectly. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
Here is how I do it:

Create an autostart folder if it doesn’t exist. See image below for correct folder location. In that folder create two files: pavucontrol.desktop and TwoToneDetect.desktop. Put in the lines from the other two images. You may run into permissions problems editing these files. If so, one way around this is to use the nano text editor in the terminal window and precede it with sudo (sudo nano ...)

Reboot and pavucontrol will start first then TTD will launch. Then, if you want, add the following line to your crontab file (crontab -e) to close the pav window after 90 seconds.


@reboot sleep 90 ; pkill -9 pavucontrol

If you are truly a “total newbie” you may find this a little challenging, especially the permissions part. I am really only about ten days ahead of you on the newbie part. Don’t bang your head against the wall trying to figure it out. Send me a Private Message and I will work with you to get it going.

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #3836 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2018, 8:37 PM
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northwestern Montana
Posts: 228
Default

Good evening! I've installed Tone Editor and Two Tone Detect v70 on an XP machine. Configuration is set up to the point where I'm able to send email to texts. I'm running into two issues.

1. When I send Admin E-Mail to tests settings (sending to an AT&T phone) it will send the text, but will not send the mp3 file. Is there an issue with the AT&T capturing and sending the mp3 file?

2. When sending test pages via a handheld radio, the tone frequencies are off on in the "Tone Frequency:" section. It should read 443.7 and 368.5, but all I'm getting is 440/376 - so it's not creating an mp3 file. I've tried two separate handheld from different manufacturers to send the tones, but get the same results. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #3837 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2018, 10:04 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by car5le View Post
Good evening! I've installed Tone Editor and Two Tone Detect v70 on an XP machine. Configuration is set up to the point where I'm able to send email to texts. I'm running into two issues.

1. When I send Admin E-Mail to tests settings (sending to an AT&T phone) it will send the text, but will not send the mp3 file. Is there an issue with the AT&T capturing and sending the mp3 file?

2. When sending test pages via a handheld radio, the tone frequencies are off on in the "Tone Frequency:" section. It should read 443.7 and 368.5, but all I'm getting is 440/376 - so it's not creating an mp3 file. I've tried two separate handheld from different manufacturers to send the tones, but get the same results. Any ideas?

Thanks!
1. Try sending the amr file rather than the mp3. It is much smaller.
2. You are close enough so those tones should decode. Set your tone tolerance to 2%. Better yet, set your Atone to 440 and Btone to 376 and see if that works better.
Reply With Quote
  #3838 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Westport Island, ME
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by car5le View Post
Good evening! I've installed Tone Editor and Two Tone Detect v70 on an XP machine. Configuration is set up to the point where I'm able to send email to texts. I'm running into two issues.

1. When I send Admin E-Mail to tests settings (sending to an AT&T phone) it will send the text, but will not send the mp3 file. Is there an issue with the AT&T capturing and sending the mp3 file?

2. When sending test pages via a handheld radio, the tone frequencies are off on in the "Tone Frequency:" section. It should read 443.7 and 368.5, but all I'm getting is 440/376 - so it's not creating an mp3 file. I've tried two separate handheld from different manufacturers to send the tones, but get the same results. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Are you sending them to phonenumber@mms.att.net? It works for our fire department.
Reply With Quote
  #3839 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2018, 10:25 AM
nosoup4u's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: High Bridge, NJ
Posts: 1,830
Default

After moving, I just reimaged my Pi with DC31's TTD image. The Pavucontrol comes up fine and I see audio activity on the meter, however TTD starts and shows nothing. When I run it manually I get a whole slew of errors, the first one being: Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.front.0:CARD=0' (entire error log attached).

I don't recall having to make any changes the last time I did this, is there another setting I need to adjust?
Attached Files
File Type: txt error.txt (11.5 KB, 11 views)
__________________
John - KC2KZZ
http://www.warrenskywarn.org
SDS100, BCD536HP, BCD436HP, Home Patrol-2 , BC125AT and other old crap.
@kc2kzz - My Twitter feed. @WCAlerts - Warren County Fire/EMS alerts
Reply With Quote
  #3840 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoup4u View Post
After moving, I just reimaged my Pi with DC31's TTD image. The Pavucontrol comes up fine and I see audio activity on the meter, however TTD starts and shows nothing. When I run it manually I get a whole slew of errors, the first one being: Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.front.0:CARD=0' (entire error log attached).

I don't recall having to make any changes the last time I did this, is there another setting I need to adjust?
That slew of errors is normal, don’t let them concern you.

Go into the Recording tab in PAVucontrol and make sure that TTD (identified as python 2.7) is taking its input from the usb sound card
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
twotonedetect

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions