Live Audio Feed ... Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

imhippinnj

Premium Subscriber
Trying to use BCD396-XT for live feed. This works thru microphone of PC but that's it. I thought it would run thru PC sound card and PC microphone would not be used. Am i'm configuring wrong????

ak4fn

You need to have a data cable and an audio cable. There seems to be a general misconception that audio will go through the data cable. Not sure if this is what you are asking or not.

frazpo

You need an audio cable attached between the scanner and your MIC port on your sound card. Some use "line in". I have used both. I am a little confused by what your asking? Do you have both a PC mic and a soundcard mic ?

imhippinnj

Premium Subscriber
OK ....... So, the cable that connects the BCD396-XT to the computer and runs the software programs isn't enough to do the data and audio? Sorry, but I'm really only learning this stuff.

ak4fn

OK ....... So, the cable that connects the BCD396-XT to the computer and runs the software programs isn't enough to do the data and audio? Sorry, but I'm really only learning this stuff.
You are correct, you need 2 cables one that does the software/programming/data and one cable for the audio.

frazpo

I do not have that setup but I do not believe so. None of the instructions indicate that. I believe you NEED an audio cable no matter if you have the data cable or not.

No apologies, we all learned at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.