Weird Constant Static (Help Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

supraman762

I have a constant static on my feed. It is always the same and shows up on the two left-most bars on the web player. It can also be heard at all times.

My setup:
BCD996XT
RadioFeed

my feed is located here:
Norman, Noble and Oklahoma Univ Police Live Scanner Audio Feed

How can I get rid of it? I have tried most settings that I can find to no avail.

Any help would be utilized and appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Austin

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I have a constant static on my feed. It is always the same and shows up on the two left-most bars on the web player. It can also be heard at all times.

My setup:
BCD996XT
RadioFeed

my feed is located here:
Norman, Noble and Oklahoma Univ Police Live Scanner Audio Feed

How can I get rid of it? I have tried most settings that I can find to no avail.

Any help would be utilized and appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Austin

I listened to your feed and it sounded fine. No static. If you click on the "audio bars" in the web player it will cycle through different options.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I listened, rather briefly, too. I heard nothing unusual.

I did see two bars of the spectrum flashing, which makes me think that you might be dealing with some type of 60 Hertz hum, from a grounding issue.

W2NJS

Try relocating your scanner farther from your computer. Motherboards generate a lot pf RF hash but usually it only travels 15 or 20 feet at the most, but it can get into your receiver easily.

supraman762

You might be right about my scanner being too close to the computer. Its 3 feet at a maximum. Its also about that same distance from a cable modem/wireless router. I appreciate the help and will fix this asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.