New Live Feed problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic2078

Just started my Live Feed. I'm running ScannerCast with my BC895XLT. I'm pretty sure I followed all the instructions (Radio Shack cables hooked to the front of my scanner to the port marked "Line", then plugged into the "Line In" jack on my sound card. ScannerCast connected with Radio Reference, but I'm getting no audio at all.

Any help is appreciated.

K

kb0nly

Make sure you go into the mixer on the computer, right click the speaker icon in the tray by the clock and select Recording Devices and then check that the Line In is set to the default, generally the Mic input is set to default.

If your computer soundcard truly has Line In it would be a Blue jack, the Mic is the Pink/Red jack. Try moving the audio cable from Line to Mic just to see if you get audio if you can't get the mixer to cooperate as a troubleshooting step.

medic2078

Thanks Kb! It seems to be working okay. I did switch to the mic port and still couldn't hear it. Then I read that you can't use the streaming computer to listen to the feed. I accessed another computer & sure enough, there was the feed! I'll play with it more tomorrow & try the "line in" port again

Status
Not open for further replies.