Broadcasting on Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Many years ago (mid to late 90's) I had a feed set up to broadcast for my area but for various reasons stopped broadcasting it. There is a gap in things being broadcast in my area that I'm considering starting a new feed up to cover but I'm looking for some info first.

I'd be using a Mac for the broadcasting. Anybody out there that is broadcasting on a Mac willing to offer any tips or info on how best to get it working? I was looking at the Nicecast setup info earlier. Is that what everyone is using or are there any other options to look at as well? Any other info to add that would be helpful as well I'd love to hear it from all of the other Mac people. Thanks!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I used Nicecast and had no problems with it. I believe the Live Audio setup guide gives detailed instructions for setting it up to work with Radioreference.

I switched over to Radiofeed on Windows using VMWare Fusion since Nicecast lacked tagging ability.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Thanks, Mike! I was looking at the guide last night. It didn't look like it would be much trouble but I figured I may as well ask if others have had issues to be aware of anything that may pop up. Put it this way, the last time I had a feed going I was still using the original iMac on a 14.4 connection. Well it might have been up to 28.8 by the end, big jump up back then. Haha!

If I decide to fill the gap that's there I'll be using my old Pro-94 dug out of the moth balls which isn't tag supported but nice to know the Nicecast doesn't support them in case someone questions it. Of course this is the 1st of my iMacs that I haven't put any Windows emulator on which decreases a lot of options for me but as of now I don't really want to be running any on this one. Nicecast looks like it should work for what I need though. Thanks!

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Any other programs out there besides Nicecast that works with Macs and will play well with RadioReference? I'm testing a Nicecast feed right now but with limited funds I'm not sure I really want to pay $60 for the full version.

Traj

I just thought I'd put my 2 cents in by telling you that I'm currently using Nicecast in case you have further questions.

Traj

One13Truck

Feed Provider
As of now I did finally break down and go with Nicecast. The feed was primarily started so that friends that moved out of the area can listen to what is going on so they chipped in a few $ to ease the pain. But I'll always keep all options open if there is anything else out there that may also work at some point in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.