ScannerCast auto-retry connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi,
I recently had a power outage at my feed location where the computers and radios came back up, but the cable modem did not (properly). The feed computer had an outage of about a day before I could get somebody to go give the modem a kick and get it back online.

The ScannerCast application was stopped because it could not resolve 'api.radioreference.com' (when the machine booted up and auto-started ScannerCast from its startup folder, the internet wasn't accessible). I'm using the RR-dedicated version - is there a way to tell it to try to sign in/get user info/connect/stream again after a period of time?

Also, when I got to the PC this morning and told it manually to try again, after the internet connection had been up for a while - I continued to get errors for a short time, including "unable to impersonate user", and a couple other similar ones. After about three attempts, it finally hooked up and got everything started. Is this normal behavior?

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
I recently had a power outage at my feed location where the computers and radios came back up, but the cable modem did not (properly). The feed computer had an outage of about a day before I could get somebody to go give the modem a kick and get it back online.

The ScannerCast application was stopped because it could not resolve 'api.radioreference.com' (when the machine booted up and auto-started ScannerCast from its startup folder, the internet wasn't accessible). I'm using the RR-dedicated version - is there a way to tell it to try to sign in/get user info/connect/stream again after a period of time?

Also, when I got to the PC this morning and told it manually to try again, after the internet connection had been up for a while - I continued to get errors for a short time, including "unable to impersonate user", and a couple other similar ones. After about three attempts, it finally hooked up and got everything started. Is this normal behavior?

I'm getting the can't locate api.radioreference.com during auto config as well. Very annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.