PLS file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maritimer001

I want to be able to listen to feeds on my Xtreamer Prodigy Media System. Is a pls filee that contains all the feeds from RR? I see apps for Andriod and Iphone and I wonder how they get the list and keep it up to date.

I want to be able to listen to feeds on my Xtreamer Prodigy Media System. Is a pls filee that contains all the feeds from RR? I see apps for Andriod and Iphone and I wonder how they get the list and keep it up to date.

A PLS file is a Shoutcast stream, usually the "file" is listen.pls that opens a Shoutcast stream.

RadioReference uses Icecast (I think) or commercial streaming software. Icecast streams are M3U or XSPF

I just did a search and skimmed the manual, it says something about an "Android tab" Then goes on to say

"Enjoy advanced web browsers, file managers, Internet Radio, online feeds and channels, reading documents, browsing Google maps and a more. Download and install new apps using this guide.

So in theory you should be able to download a Shoutcast compatible player for Android. Maybe the feeds from the RR web based player will work in the Android browser?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.