Scanner recorder pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Does anyone know where this can be downloaded?

Bullmax, for what scanner would you be using this? If it's one of the newer GREs, Unidens or Radio Shacks, the freeware IDTracker works with a great many of these (though certainly not all), and the author is a RR member. In addition the programming packages for these scanners generally include record capability (although with BuTel, you have to pay for the Pro version...)

Mike

rbm

I have the install file for the version shown below.
I think that was the latest version.

It's about 4.7mb.

Even if I sent that to you, I don't know how you could register it and get a key for it.

Rich

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
095 was indeed the last version of SRPro released by Dave, showing a file date of Nov 6, 2009.

As I stated in that other thread, Dave hasn't been heard from in nearly 3 years at this point, and I see that his site has finally come to the end of its contract, presuming he had paid a few years ahead.

The good news is that SRPro never required a registration key, it always ran on any computer I installed it without ever hassling me to enter a key or register it. He only asked that you make a donation in order to get the download link to the program. So, if you were able to get a copy of the program, it would run just fine.

Bullmax

Bullmax, for what scanner would you be using this? If it's one of the newer GREs, Unidens or Radio Shacks, the freeware IDTracker works with a great many of these (though certainly not all), and the author is a RR member. In addition the programming packages for these scanners generally include record capability (although with BuTel, you have to pay for the Pro version...)

Mike

I have a 396xt.

suleja

Would somebody be able to send me a copy of Scanner Recorder Pro setup file? I had my own copy but then I had to reformat my PC and forgot to back it up. I tried purchasing it again but the donation link no longer worked and now the page is completely gone. It's a shame that such a great program is no longer being developed.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Instead of coping with an older unsupported program, I think Audacity Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder may work for sound-activated recordings. See the options under 'Transport" for the controls. HTH.

SRPro is far superior to Audacity for this sort of thing.Audacity has its strengths, but VOX recording is not one of them. Believe me, I've used both programs for years.

suleja

Audacity is great but I wish that there was an option to create a new file each hour like SR Pro has... so a day is divided into 24 different files. Makes things easier if you are listening on your iPod or MP3 player. You get the general idea of when an incident took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.