Meta data/audio lag on iphone app

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4pbd

I'm using WunderRadio on an iphone to listen to my feeds. Three feeds on three different radios (HP-1, 396, and a BC15), using Radio Feed on two radios and Proscan on one. Across the board with this I have about a 8-10 second delay from when I see the metadata tag on my phone, and when I hear the actual audio. The metadata appears almost in perfect sync with the live radio while the audio is delayed.

Anyone know of any fix for this? I expect the audio delay, I just want to slow down the metadata to keep it in sync with the audio.

Also curious if anyone is aware of an Iphone app that will allow you to listen to more than one feed at the same time. The apps have to allow custom url's though.

Thanks,

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm using WunderRadio on an iphone to listen to my feeds. Three feeds on three different radios (HP-1, 396, and a BC15), using Radio Feed on two radios and Proscan on one. Across the board with this I have about a 8-10 second delay from when I see the metadata tag on my phone, and when I hear the actual audio. The metadata appears almost in perfect sync with the live radio while the audio is delayed.

Anyone know of any fix for this? I expect the audio delay, I just want to slow down the metadata to keep it in sync with the audio.

Also curious if anyone is aware of an Iphone app that will allow you to listen to more than one feed at the same time. The apps have to allow custom url's though.

Thanks,

I'm wondering if the media player is extracting the metadata before the audio goes to the buffering function. For test purposes, Is there a setting to reduce the buffering to see if the metadata is more in sync? Perhaps try another media player to see what happens?

kg4pbd

I'm wondering if the media player is extracting the metadata before the audio goes to the buffering function. For test purposes, Is there a setting to reduce the buffering to see if the metadata is more in sync? Perhaps try another media player to see what happens?

Wunderradio allows me to change the buffer size only for AAC & MP3 streams, not for M3u streams.

The delay varies, just now on WunderRadio it is about 5 second. Not to bad. I also tried it using "Police Radio", and the delay today is also 5-6 seconds.

I'm open to suggestions on apps, my problem has been finding one that will do metadata. Too many of these streaming apps won't allow custom urls.

I'd love to find a simple app, without all the goofy 10 codes and other tacky accessories, that functions purely as a player with a place for metadata tags. That's why I like WunderRadio.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Wunderradio allows me to change the buffer size only for AAC & MP3 streams, not for M3u streams.

The delay varies, just now on WunderRadio it is about 5 second. Not to bad. I also tried it using "Police Radio", and the delay today is also 5-6 seconds.

I'm open to suggestions on apps, my problem has been finding one that will do metadata. Too many of these streaming apps won't allow custom urls.

I'd love to find a simple app, without all the goofy 10 codes and other tacky accessories, that functions purely as a player with a place for metadata tags. That's why I like WunderRadio.

m3u file is a playlist format for mp3 streams so changing the mp3 buffer size should do the trick.

I think the media player doesn't like the space. If that's the case, use "%20" for the space as shown below. That's the URL encoded space.

"proscan.dyndns.org:5000/stream%20my_password"

This should work with all media players, of course change the URL to yours.

Last edited:

kg4pbd

m3u file is a playlist format for mp3 streams so changing the mp3 buffer size should do the trick.

I think the media player doesn't like the space. If that's the case, use "%20" for the space as shown below. That's the URL encoded space.

"proscan.dyndns.org:5000/stream%20my_password"

This should work with all media players, of course change the URL to yours.

I reduced the mp3 buffer to 0, no difference. I'll stick with wunderradio for now. Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.