RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording - Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 5:57 PM

Hi all, I believe I fixed my issue. Here's my solution in case anyone else has this problem.

On my Pi3, I run a script called radiosave. What it does is records the scanner input and splits it up into mp3 files on the hour. It uses pulse audio to function. (in case you want to try it, you can get the script for free here: https://sites.google.com/site/glyman3home/radiosave

Anyhow, the problem was (I think) that I had cron jobs set for everything (TTD & darkice running in separate bash screen sessions, radiosave set to fire without screen in the background)

What happened was radiosave was firing first and hijacking pulse audio. so all I did was change the crontab line from:

Quote:
# Added radio save config
@reboot [ -x /home/pi/radiosave.sh ] && /home/pi/radiosave.sh start > /dev/null
00 * * * * [ -x /home/pi/radiosave.sh ] && /home/pi/radiosave.sh cron > /dev/null
to

Quote:
# Added radio save config
@reboot /bin/sleep 120 ; [ -x /home/pi/radiosave.sh ] && /home/pi/radiosave.sh start > /dev/null
00 * * * * [ -x /home/pi/radiosave.sh ] && /home/pi/radiosave.sh cron > /dev/null
after reboot, that seemed to help. Adding a sleep for 120 seconds to radio save allowed TTD to fire first grabbing PA.

Anyhow, hope that helps someone who has similar issues. PA is finicky.

PS: If anyone is thinking about running radiosave, I would highly recommend you look at running a external hard drive and either saving the mp3's and tmp files to the external or running your entire OS directly from the hard drive as the read/write cycles that are created from recording audio can burn your SD card up quite quickly.

Have a great week.
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2017, 6:43 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Hello All, anyone try TTD on the new Raspian 'Stretch'?
I thought I read the audio support has changed (pulse audio not installed by default) which makes me wonder if TTD will still work 'out of the box'??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2017, 7:23 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidVT View Post
Hello All, anyone try TTD on the new Raspian 'Stretch'?
I thought I read the audio support has changed (pulse audio not installed by default) which makes me wonder if TTD will still work 'out of the box'??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DavidVT: I saw the same note about PA not being included with Stretch. However, other notes indicated that it could still be installed manually. I think that you are right TTD/Stretch won't work "out of the box" on the pi. I will try it sometime but it may be at least a couple weeks.

Jim