Scan Over IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCIC105

Feed Provider
I have utilized ProScan for a year now with limited success....I'm ready to jump ship..Anyone have any suggestions of another program I can utilize to remotely control my scanner?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have utilized ProScan for a year now with limited success....I'm ready to jump ship..Anyone have any suggestions of another program I can utilize to remotely control my scanner?

Just curious as to what issues you're having with ProScan?

QDP2012

Anyone have any suggestions of another program I can utilize to remotely control my scanner?

Software recommendations might be radio-specific. What brand and model scanner are you trying to control remotely?

(Example: The GRE 500/600 / RS 106/197 units can be controlled by Arc500 software, but not necessarily by other versions of Arc... software.)

NCIC105

Feed Provider
So I swapped out routers because I cannot stay connected (systems would disconnect randomly)...

Now I cannot even see the unit when I hit the update button (published servers)

My old IP was 75.137.124.15

My new IP is 97.89.173.174

I have changed the IP on server pub server ip address and made sure the check mark is in the pub server...It is online with RR.com but can't use the program for the reason I purchase...

I have even placed computer outside firewall and made it a virtual server outside router...
No antivirus installed. Utilizing NoIp

Windows XP

D-Link DGL-4500 Extreme-N Selectable Dual-Band Gaming Router
ncic105

Scanner is a Uniden BCD996XT.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Software recommendations might be radio-specific. What brand and model scanner are you trying to control remotely?

(Example: The GRE 500/600 / RS 106/197 units can be controlled by Arc500 software, but not necessarily by other versions of Arc... software.)

Arc500 software can not control those scanners over IP as the OP was asking.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I use TeamViewer to remotely log into the computer and then use ProScan on the remote computer to play with it. The scanner is a BCD996xt.

Tim

NCIC105

Feed Provider
WOW….

When I restored this PC from a backup, it must have turned on the firewall……

I can't believe I was so stupid!

Thanks Bob for your patients!

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
WOW….

When I restored this PC from a backup, it must have turned on the firewall……

I can't believe I was so stupid!

Thanks Bob for your patients!

Not a problem. Firewall on is OK as long as ProScan is added to the exception list. I believe the Windows Firewall by default will ask you if you want to add a program to the exception list the first time the program attempts to access the internet.

NCIC105

Feed Provider
All I can say is WOW WOW WOW..Man you solved my issues!! Thank you...I fully understand what is so GREAT about your program ProScan now!!!

Connection was flawless today!

Status
Not open for further replies.