Detecting Tones from a .mp3 File

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButlerAlerts

FIrst, I would like to hope I have this in the correct place.

I want to receive my Tone A and the Tone B that is programmed to my Minitor V Fire Pager. I stream on RR so I have the .mp3 file of the clear dispatch with our tones, is there anyway I can put that file in decoder, like Two Tone Detect, and find them? Thanks!

steve0622

to answer your question, first you need a radio or scanner attached to your computer sound card, then a program to record. Now I am a user of twotonedetect for 5 fire departments, and all their pages go to my email address in .mp3 or .amr format. Those pages are also sent to my cell nember along with any other cell number i have programed in the program for that fire departments tone...i.e. when twotonedetect sees the tone for "x" fire dept. then it records and mails the recording to email adress and phone number address listed.....when the program sees the tone for department "y" then it emails the recording to the addresses listed under department "y". In either case i get all of them since my address is listed under each dapartment as a recipient. Recieving the "voice files"in your email will alow you the option to save that attachment to your computer, or wherever you chose. Information on that program can be found at http://forums.radioreference.com/st...-new-twotonedetect-works-python-based-61.html. Next item, if yo do not want to deal with the setup of the twotonedetect program, then you can download another free program called audicity. Audicity will record live anything live on a frequency. There again, you must have a radio or scanner attached to your computers sound card for it to work......Information on Audicity can be found at Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder Yet another option, that is not free is ComTekks Alert Notification system. This program detects a two tone paginging signal, records it, stores the recording wherever you want, then sends it to an email address or phone number. Information on this program can be found at ComTekk - Alert Notification This system also requires a radio or scanner to be connected to the computer as well. Hope this helps ya get on the right track.

steve0622

Another quick note, Audicity can be setup to only record when it detects a signal, then it will allow you to save that recording with whatever file name and location you choose. Now, comming from the Minito pager, the Audicity will record any and all voice transmissions that come across. I think that would be the better choice for you in that situation.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I use Xcorder and a file Counter. I use the Audacity for the tones only to select the A get the tone number than I work on B tone to get that number. If you want you can send me the info to the message box I can get the tones for you.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
FIrst, I would like to hope I have this in the correct place.

I want to receive my Tone A and the Tone B that is programmed to my Minitor V Fire Pager. I stream on RR so I have the .mp3 file of the clear dispatch with our tones, is there anyway I can put that file in decoder, like Two Tone Detect, and find them? Thanks!

This PDF will show you how to do what you want. You'll need to have LAME installed with Audacity to handle mp3 files, but the Audacity installation process should walk you through that.

Andy

KF5ALO

If you are still trying to figure it out, what I did with one set of tones I didn't know was play it and watch the tone frequency as it played in TwoToneDetect. It seemed to work pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.