Oddly specific recording question

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngineCo8

KQ4CUD
Is there anyway that I can connect a Minitor IV to a computer and set it to record for a set amount of time only when the tones activate? If so how would one go about doing this? What software would be needed?

I know I ask a lot of questions about the Minitor IV but ya until more funds are available for more scanners and other radios, the Minitor 4 is all I got lol.

Thanks for the help.

QDP2012

Is there anyway that I can connect a Minitor IV to a computer and set it to record for a set amount of time only when the tones activate? If so how would one go about doing this? What software would be needed?

I know I ask a lot of questions about the Minitor IV but ya until more funds are available for more scanners and other radios, the Minitor 4 is all I got lol.

Thanks for the help.

Hardware
If the unit has a normal headphone jack (e.g. 1/8" or 3/32" mono or stereo), then you might be able to connect it to your computer's line-in or mic-jack and set your recording software to be "voice-activated" (which is usually really "sound"-activated). If you leave the unit in page/alert mode (not monitor mode), then maybe the only thing heard would be tones followed by voice. If the alerted-pager remains in monitor mode and doesn't automatically reset to page/alert mode after the call has been dispatched (or after a certain time interval), that might be a weakness in this approach.

Software
Also, the part about "record for a set amount of time" would depend on the software. Sorry, I don't have one to reommend.

Not sure if this is what you had in mind.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
If you connect it to the computer as stated above you should be able to use Scanner recorder (ScanRec) to record it. That will record only when there is audio present so it should do what you want it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.